Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Real feelings about Utd game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ah, the old re-writing of history, eh?

I don't seem to remember our setup being "perfect for Man Utd" when they played down here. How did those games go. Actually, they were pretty lucky to beat us at their place in Year 1, as it was a rather unlucky deflection that settled the game, as I recall. We played absolutely superbly that day.

We did.
Short/convenient memories from quite a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Point taken - but Mooy's sending off was a bit harsh - so i would hate it if he got penalized for being a bit silly and at the mercy of another
card-happy, cretinous ref of which the PL seems to be awash.

Harsh? Disagree. First booking for kicking the ball away - needlessly. ALWAYS a booking. Second yellow for a needless trip from behind when there were covering defenders. ALWAYS a booking. Maybe Potter is making a statement that he doesn't want stupidity from his players. If so, more power to him.

Back to the point of this thread, I was expecting us to get nothing at all from our away games at the big teams. Established PL sides who have invested hundreds of millions and pay stupidly high wages. We can't compete against the big boys and won't be able to for a good while. We have to be realistic.

Yesterday I think Potter got it wrong playing Burn as a left back (which he clearly isn't) and bringing on Murray (who has been a great servant but is now way past his sell-by date) but let's face it, he hasn't got a lot wrong. And the football this season (yesterday excepted) has been a joy to watch and so refreshing after the turgid, negative rubbish that CH served up last season.

It was a bad day yesterday for sure. But I'm prepared to forgive and forget. There is a long way to go yet this season.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I thought we had got rid of our inferiority complex since GP had taken over but I thought we were pressured very early today similar to Chelsea away and buckled somewhat. So I’m disappointed today in so much that I thought we had gone up a level but now maybe I, like a few others, had got ahead of ourselves.
What think you ?
We would have to go up several levels to give Man U a decent game on their ground, their form has not been up to scratch recently but they have such a powerful squad,as Shearer said they could have scored 5 or 6, this is not a critism of our team or manager its just accepting there is an elite group of clubs in the Premiership and clubs such as ourselves have to pick up points from teams outside of the top eight. m

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We would have to go up several levels to give Man U a decent game on their ground, their form has not been up to scratch recently but they have such a powerful squad,as Shearer said they could have scored 5 or 6, this is not a critism of our team or manager its just accepting there is an elite group of clubs in the Premiership and clubs such as ourselves have to pick up points from teams outside of the top eight. m

It’s not so much the defeat - I had seriously considered that - but the general feel about it. I really had got carried away with things. After 52 years supporting the team I keep doing that. So what ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

"We?" Your lot were being outclassed by Chelsea this weekend. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here