Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading to extend Mad Stad

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't really have a problem with Reading. The chairman's showing some ambition and that 's what you want as a fan. No, my " beef" is with Leeds United fans. When they were relegated to the Championship they lost nearly half their support. That's not supporting the team. And the other night v Barnet? A mere 7000 for a so-called big club? That is contemptable.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Brovian said:
Shut it Bluebird, we don't want your reasoned logic and accurate comparative analysis here.

well said:clap: :clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
10,000 more seats at Reading means 10,000 more HOTDOGS to be sold to their "intimidating" toddler-based non-football watching support.

And the Cardiff chappy is just being all cocky cos they've started brightly; that'll soon fade.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Man of Harveys said:
What, when we were scraping around at the bottom of the second tier?

I wasn't talking about Brighton. I was suggesting that people on here were saying Reading had reached 'the peak of their game' a few years ago. You must remember Brighton fans saying Reading would never fill the Majedski? Since then they have filled the Majedski and they've moved onwards and upwards. Who's to say they can't continue to progress?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
fair play to them . i watched them on the tv against man city and thought the atnosphere was excellant. I have no prob with Reading at all , It's Palace and Pompey that my hate is for

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
If and when the stadium gets built and the Albion start getting decent crowds, will you still be whinging about 'johnny-come-latelys'? Will you talk of your own fans in the same terms that you now talk about Reading's?

On NSC? f***ing right we will, look at the shit Johnny come lately of about 5 years London Irish gets on here :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm bitter and I dislike Reading, so I felt like having a bit of a pop.
No crime in that.

:)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: potential

Addiseagull said:
To the laughing bluebird...You really are a fool mate...Stop being such a wanker and f*ck off.

Many thanks for your intelligent contribution, but I'm afraid it wasn't quite what we were looking for.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I wasn't talking about Brighton. I was suggesting that people on here were saying Reading had reached 'the peak of their game' a few years ago. You must remember Brighton fans saying Reading would never fill the Majedski? Since then they have filled the Majedski and they've moved onwards and upwards. Who's to say they can't continue to progress?
But this is typical of them: they've been in the Premiership for five minutes and so far, haven't been thrashed every game, for which I credit Coppell - he's the keystone to all this, I reckon, and without him, they'd be buggered on the pitch, so to speak.

Everyone else, like Watford, say, would wait a bit to see if 30,000 plus isn't a bit excessive if they don't stay there (I still think they'll struggle at the end.). But with their wig-wearing egomaniac oddball in charge, the soggy Biscuitmen will go ahead and splash the cash anyway - it won't matter one jot to him if it's a financial disaster. How could it, when you can go home and bang the crap out of Cilla Black in order to cheer yourself up?

New money is often not an overly attractive thing in any context of life. Reading epitomise it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think MOH is right. If they establish themselves like Charlton or Bolton then they should extend the stadium but they have only played about 5 games.

After Im sure if we get to the Prem in Falmer then after a few years we will need to expand the capacity.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Man of Harveys said:
But this is typical of them: they've been in the Premiership for five minutes and so far, haven't been thrashed every game, for which I credit Coppell - he's the keystone to all this, I reckon, and without him, they'd be buggered on the pitch, so to speak.

Everyone else, like Watford, say, would wait a bit to see if 30,000 plus isn't a bit excessive if they don't stay there (I still think they'll struggle at the end.). But with their wig-wearing egomaniac oddball in charge, the soggy Biscuitmen will go ahead and splash the cash anyway - it won't matter one jot to him if it's a financial disaster. How could it, when you can go home and bang the crap out of Cilla Black in order to cheer yourself up?

New money is often not an overly attractive thing in any context of life. Reading epitomise it.

but surely by doing this they are finally putting into plans for there future now they have reached the holy land . After all they could of been even more egotistic by extending there stadium 2 years ago , then I would of agreed with you

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And there's me thinking that Reading were just building a new library !

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Man of Harveys said:
Everyone else, like Watford, say, would wait a bit to see if 30,000 plus isn't a bit excessive if they don't stay there (I still think they'll struggle at the end.). But with their wig-wearing egomaniac oddball in charge, the soggy Biscuitmen will go ahead and splash the cash anyway - it won't matter one jot to him if it's a financial disaster.

I know the truth isn't likely to sit comfortably with you and your anti-Majedski bias, but all the indications are that Reading has been a very well-run football club in recent years. The new stadium apart, their owner certainly hasn't thrown huge sums of money about the place by any means. The squad, and the club in general, have been built up slowly but surely.

Their crowd figures are interesting. Reading's last five average attendances are:

2002/03: 16,011
2003/04: 15,095
2004/05: 17,169
2005/06: 20,207
2006/07: 23,974

Steady progress. Now they are in the Premiership with a decent but inexpenisve squad who are sure to be on reasonable wages by that division's standards.

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
TLB - you are missing the point. We all have a sneaking admiration for Reading and what they've achieved and would love to emulate them.. but nobody (apart from me) would admit that on here.

The point is we just like having a pop because we're jealous

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

Their crowd figures are interesting. Reading's last four average attendances are:

2002/03: 16,011
2003/04: 15,095
2004/05: 17,169
2005/06: 20,207
2006/07: 23,974

[/B]

Also just to be flippant - can you count?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: potential

Addiseagull said:
To the laughing bluebird...

You really are a fool mate.

When Reading were at Elm Park, I would suggest that the crowds NEVER got above 6-7,000 on a regular basis. Now that they have some success and a great stadium, of course they have the ability to sell 30, 000 plus.

By the same token, Albion are struggling on low crowds (in a ground far worse them Elm park), but would easily fill 25,000 in a great stadium, at the top of the championship/premiership. In fact, we, unlike Reading have reached those heights in the past.

Stop being such a wanker and f*ck off.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Esp the last bit.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
BarrelofFun said:

Gaffer - I think it is obvious where the fans that went to Cardiff are....Success, a decent stadium and a range of ticket prices will encourage people to come back.

BOF you are correct. But we need them back to fill a 22000 seater. Many on here will resent those fairwind supporters just as they are ranting on about Reading Johnny Come Latelys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here