Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Fans

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Laughing Bluebird said:
You lot are so MISERABLE at times.

You grizzle about a lack of atmosphere one minute, then moan about fans having a laugh the next.

Mr Bluebird, I agree with you 100%.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The thing about the 'Easy! Easy!' chant is this: it is irritating when you are on the receiving end, but it's a laugh when you're the ones doing the chanting - particularly when you've come from a goal down and the opposition have been giving it plenty beforehand.

For instance, the Leeds fans at Cardiff last night (less than 550 of them) were full of themselves after they'd gone a goal up. We had several bursts of 'Easy! Easy!', we had 'Ridsdale, what's the score?', we had '1-0, in your cup final', etc etc.

Then, with half an hour to play, Jason Koumas strikes a brilliant goal to bring us level and a few minutes later Darren Purse's penalty puts us in front. That was the cue for the whole ground (with the exception of the away end of course) to give a hearty rendition of the 'Easy! Easy!' chant, followed by 'There's only one Peter Ridsdale', followed by '1-0, and you f***ed it up', etc etc.

Great fun. And you'd have to be a pretty miserable sod (or a Leeds fan) to think otherwise.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You lot are so MISERABLE at times.

You grizzle about a lack of atmosphere one minute, then moan about fans having a laugh the next.

I agree. They were even doing the 'left side and right side' chant last night.

Clearly head because we shut up singing in our misery.
We were outplayed and outsung :( (did you see what I did there?)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Last season at Plymouth they were singing the "easy, easy" chant, the sad thing was that to be honest it really was.

My highlights of that day, more easily forgotten, were a delicious Pasty for lunch and the appearance in the crowd of a blow up donkey. Oh, and I thought that I would get a speeding ticket on the way into Plymouth but didn't, despite by my reckoning driving at almost 80, at the time I was driving parallel with a BMW, reckon the cameraman took him instead of me!!!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I can't believe we still sell out the withdean at most matches,and when we don't its only 200 odd:glare:
Im 100% sure we will get 18-20k a lot at falmer,the only reason the negatives have come out is because of the withdean,lets be honest any club in our position would struggle to get 4k at the withdean its that bad alround and exspensive.

We have already had huge applicants for games at the withdean in excess of 20-30k in the last few years etc,so that is more than enough proof that we have our fan base waiting.

How people on here can come up with crap like we can't even sell out the withdean is beyond belief,you twats only need to have a look and wonder why people have had enough of the shit hole.

I know that we will average more than cardiff,reading and many more when we get falmer thats a nailed on cert.:clap: :drink:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Going back to that "easy" chant it has always been around at football as I remember sitting in the Goldstone's West Stand with my Dad when I was a kid and it being sung then. It was done much slower back then and no stupid clapping.

As has already been mentioned it's resurfacing is a result of Soccer AM. It took off last year just as we went through that crap run towards the end of the season. This meant we did not have the opportunity to do it ourselves because we kept losing, so I suppose every cloud and all that.

Irritating chant.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Our fans were very quiet last night. Perhaps we should sort that out before criticizing other teams. ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Of course 'Easy Easy' is irritating. It is sung/chanted to wind up the opposition.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Yorkie said:
Of course 'Easy Easy' is irritating. It is sung/chanted to wind up the opposition.

It was visually stunning at Ninian Park last night. The atmosphere was brilliant throughout, but the 'Easy! Easy!' chant shortly after our second goal was amazing. Many thousands involved. All four sides of the ground. It looked and sounded superb.

Still, I suppose the great and good of NSC would've found the whole scene lame and cringeworthy......

:lolol: :p :lolol:

(Best chant of the night: 'One tank of goldfish, there's only one tank of goldfish!')

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
You make valid points ali,but reading only get big crowds against big clubs or playoff chasing games at the end of the season.If you was at elm park you certainly wouldn't be locking out 5k,new ground means a new beggining.Reading has never been a traditional football club with a history of any sort.

I personally think its great to see clubs like reading and wigan moving in the right direction,it will be a long time before reading hit the dizzy heights and do something big.

Yes we have had dire crowds for 20 odd years,and that 20 years has been all doom and gloom and mostly dominated by off the field problems,fact is we have history and we have huge potential and we will be getting big crowds,

This club has seriously lacked funds and ambition for far to long which really fu-cks me off.:angry:

I am very smart in terms of knowing what bha can do,and a 30k crowd is well in our means,and we don't have to be in the premiership to get that.

The likes of reading and hull will never be bigger than us:drink: thats a stonewall fact.It might look gloomy for us but hey we are going to get our stadium and show you royals and everyone else what football means to our city.

On another note reading are a growing club and most of your supporters are new and don't no much.I personally don't think you have the potential most think you have,but saying that you have doubled in size in about 10 years.:rolleyes:

The reason why many dislike reading is because most of your fans think we have had 6k crowds all our history and see us as a small club:glare: but truth be told we are a fair bit bigger thats for sure,just that we have both gone in diffrent directions in the last decade+

case rested and solved:clap: :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
RoyalAli said:
Indeed.

A somewhat out of character post for you there Berk, it didn't involve the :drink: smilie? (Oh! It did...)

Many of our fans have only been going since you've had 6,000 gates at Withdean.
A lot of old Elm Parker's got disillusioned by the club's lack of interest in the Supporters needs, and don't go any more - Not to mention the 150 banned from the Madejski stadium - Any over the top passion shown, and you're out on your arse.

Gerbil - You really had to think through that post, didn't you?
The funny thing is our ground holds 7k not 6k as most of you think mmmm,fact is we have to keep certain seats spare for certain people i guess,thats why its always 6600 ish.

150 banned fans won't make much diffrence,football is getting stupid these days,fans pay a fortune and are entitled to have a moan or stand or swear:clap:

The club are making an effort at reading,you see loads of stickers saying"spread the word"royals etc.Lets be honest if you was near the bottom what would your crowds be without away fans?

I'll save the banter til we get our new stadium,clubs like cardiff who think they are massive will be once again put in their place.:drink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Much as I dislike Reading FC for events (real or imagined) of recently past seasons, I respect the Royals fans who come on here with their largely level-headed posts in the face of a tidal wave of incitement and numerous patronising posts about the stature of Reading FC and its fans from BHA posters.

More power to your Royal elbows/typing fingers.
:clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
FAO: Cheeky Monkey

Regarding your earlier post about Cardiff crowds in the early 1990's, the biggest during that period were as follows:

1991/92 - 16,030 v Burnley (Div 4)
1992/93 - 16,073 v Barnet (Div 3)
1992/93 - 17,253 v Shrewsbury (Div 3)
1993/94 - 20,486 v Manchester City (FA Cup)
1993/94 - 17,296 v Luton Town (FA Cup)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
FAO: Cheeky Monkey

Regarding your earlier post about Cardiff crowds in the early 1990's, the biggest during that period were as follows:

1991/92 - 16,030 v Burnley (Div 4)
1992/93 - 16,073 v Barnet (Div 3)
1992/93 - 17,253 v Shrewsbury (Div 3)

Am pretty sure it was your 91/2 Div 4 campaign when there was a buzz about the city on match days and everyone seemed to be heading to Ninian - rather than blame my Brains SA-addled mind of the time I prefer to point the finger at Wales on Sunday or the Echo for fiddling their crowd stats.
;)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is a great thread to read if you have insomnia.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
RoyalAli said:

Gerbil - You really had to think through that post, didn't you?

Not really.

Who the f*** on here really cares about Reading?

You beat us the other night,well done.

Now go away and gloat about how good and what a massive club you are on a READING board.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have serious doubts that we'll do much better than 12-13k once Falmer is built and the novelty has worn off. We have lost generations of fans starting with our drop out of the top flight. I have no doubts that the Goldstone crowd figures were manipulated but our attendances in the last 4-5 years there were dramatically down on the glory years of the late 70's and early 80's.

There are so may diversions and other things to do in the Brighton area that it will take a special team to pull the crowds in at Falmer, let's hope we have one as I can see it being a long haul for getting back the "lost" fans.

BTW - I guarantee that given a decent result the "easy" chant will be adopted by us :ohmy:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I have serious doubts that we'll do much better than 12-13k once Falmer is built and the novelty has worn off. will be adopted

Although I hate to shatter my own delusions on our potential unfortunately a big part of me agrees with this post, which is why it is out of order to slag off Reading's support when we should be looking to aspire to what they have done in bringing fans through the gate. They may not sell out as some on here unrealistically expect them to, but their crowds are very respectable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here