Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading bomb scare

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Working just outside Reading station and the place is crawling with police after evacuating the station and nearby offices due to a security threat. All trains cancelled which f#cks up my travel home, better not be some tards sandwiches. :angry:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The police have set up a 100m cordon and my office is directly opposite the last one evacuated. Rumour is a suspect Package 'hidden' in the toilet cubicles under the station.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
This is the latest news...

Attachments

• reading.jpg
    reading.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 357

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Trying to find an update myself which led me to this classic crime on BBC Berkshire:

Teenage couple mugged for pizza

An 18-year-old is recovering after being attacked by a mugger because he would not hand over a slice of pizza.
The teenager and his girlfriend were walking near Licken Chicken and Rileys snooker hall on Oxford Road in Reading when they were approached on Tuesday.

The man, who was black, 5ft 9in and aged 16 to 20, asked for some pizza.

When the victim refused, the mugger punched and kicked him, before grabbing the pizza box and running off. Police are appealing for witnesses.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Hope it slows down Steve Coppell's journey home...on the school bus.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Willow said:
I'm in St James' Square, just below Piccadilly.

Nice - I work (pretty much) opposite the sports cafe on haymarket (where cockspur street meets pall mall).

Theres a little clutch of us round here .....

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Faldo said:
Nice - I work (pretty much) opposite the sports cafe on haymarket (where cockspur street meets pall mall).

Theres a little clutch of us round here .....

I know it - close to that building that caught fire last year.

I watched the world cup parade from outside NZ house. You must have had a great view from your place.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Can you imagine the millions of pounds worth of improvements a massive bomb in Reading would cause?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here