Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading bomb scare

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I got a lift home after finding a pub with a good vantage point for developments. Watched the scenes near the Station and it was strange watching hundreds of commuters waiting patiently right at the edge of the police roadblocks. Most people seemed to accept the delays. Police didn't have much to do but a few anti muslim pissheads from the pubs made there feelings known providing good entertainment value.

Apparently the only reason this package was located and treated more seriously than your average suspect package incident was due to Prince Edward travelling through Reading station this evening.

Makes me wonder if they'd have even found this threatening package on a day a limp wristed Royal wasn't in town (Thats Prince Edward not that fag Coppell).:lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
If a bomb went off in the Reading stadium at least 2 people would suffer injury in the blast area,as long it was in the home end. Would the rest realise what was going on ? Have to shout and wave to each other.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
y2dave said:
better not be some tards sandwiches. :angry:

Reckon there should be a serious sized fine for tards that just leave their stuff around public places like airports and stations and toddle off - maybe treat them on a par with the we-are-not-amused attitude given to tards who say they've got a bomb in their hand luggage at airports. Might concentrate what passes for their minds a bit more :dunce:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Must have been against us last season then.Or is that taken around the away end ? Must have been a really important game now when did you last sell out ? The play offs last season ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Chelsea ? when is that ? Or did you play them ? Are you surprised you sold out against West Ham ? How often do you sell out the home end ? Your support is piss poor,even last season and this when on the verge of the play offs you still can't muster a decent crowd.In a nice stadium.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
RoyalAli said:
Another f***ing jealous Brighton fan.

When you've got a stadium like ours and are filling it every week then you can take the piss out of our support.
Until then, carry on failing to sell 6,800 tickets for Withdean.
:salute:

Your support is no better than ours at the moment.

Jealous of your stadium stand as charged,Our support is always better then yours,you are Reading we are Brighton enough said.
we can't fill Withdean because the away fans won't turn up to watch their team and our fans are pissed offf with having to get tickets,your lot can just turn up(or not turn up) and pay on the gate.So on the f***ing jealous bit f*** off yourself and grow up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RoyalAli said:

Your support is no better than ours at the moment.

That's not the truth Ali, and you know it. Your lot are within shouting distance of the Premiership play-offs, you've got unlimited capacity to accomodate anybody that wants to go to games, a massive catchment area, a beautiful stadium with quality facilities- and the level of your support is a source of shame to Reading and Berkshire - or should be. OK we've got some fickle baskets who don't like getting rained on, and a load of rich old git 'fans' who've bought the season ticket but don't actually make it thru the turnstiles or sell the ticket on - but the allocation to away fans accounts for a big chunk of the shortfall. Reading have f*** all in the way of excuses for poor turn-outs.

RoyalAli said:
So how many times have you seen Reading at the Madejski?
How many times have you seen Reading away?
Can you justify calling your support better than ours?
Possibly not...
:rolleyes:

To be fair, you don't have to go to games to find out the attendance. Crowd figures are printed in the newspapers and EVERYTHING.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
RoyalAli said:
So how many times have you seen Reading at the Madejski?
How many times have you seen Reading away?
Can you justify calling your support better than ours?
Possibly not...
:rolleyes:

Why the f*** would I want to watch reading unless you're playing Brighton ? I've seen reading play away at Brighton, Yes I can justify calling our support better then yours,we kept the club going,loads travelled to Gillingham miles away just to support our team,we fight to get Falmer,We've fought to save the club,we fill the ground in div 3,2 & 1 We would fill our ground if we had the opportunity to get 20000+ and we were on the verge of the preniership.Last but not least have Reading got many real fans ?
In fact why the f*** are you on a Brighton site and not discussing your good season with fellow fans ? Your support is piss poor and you know it.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
RoyalAli said:
I'm not talking about attendances, I'm talking about support.
I'll admit we should be getting more people through the turnstyles, but why should I let people take the piss out of my club when I've only missed about 10 home games in 4 years?

The support our fans give the team is good, and I should know, I've been to 30 odd games this season.

Since we've moved to the Madejski our attendances have increased steadily, and progress is far more important than the histories of our clubs attendances.
We averaged about 30,000 in the 1930s, as you did in the 70s, but what difference does that make today?

Safegay, as for crowd figures, we can all look at the attendances in the paper, but that won't stop the fact that your attendances have dropped from last year.

Personally I'm sick of this argument.
You've claimed in the past you could sell out the Madejski several times over.
When you get Falmer we'll find out, but until then, all you can do is speculate.

Ali - you are a good fan of reading can't take that away,well done you support your team.
Can I inquire what your average away support is this season ?
As you rightly say your side should have a much better attendance and that is why we can take the piss.You can get in 20000+ we can only get in 6750.We have loads of spare seats in the away end,you have loads and loads of spare seats all around your ground.All I would say is that if and when we get Falmer and we are on the verge of the play offs then I am confident that we would fill a ground of 23000.Until then as you say we won't know.
All we do know is that Reading hardly ever sell out and that your support is piss poor.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I do believe we averaged about 1100 lasrt season and we got relegated.
If you only had 15000 and filled it your ground wouldn't be that good.but empty seats do make the ground look shit.If empty seats imply building for the future then you better get a good construction company involved and quick.You have more spare seats then the London dome,don't you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here