Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ - “we don’t need a striker in January”

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Does the academy have any decent strikers coming through? I’m sure I read about one a couple of years ago who’d made it to subs bench for 1st team on odd occasion but then it went quiet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We need a striker! It's been the same for years. We have no chance without one. We've heard it over and over so it must be true.

. . . 6th you say? No can't be we must be bottom three. We don't have an expensive new striker.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I can understand the historical calls for a new striker (the way we used to play under CH was crying out for a long-term replacement for Glenn Murray) and I can understand the calls for a new striker continuing under GP all the while we weren’t getting any goals from midfield, but the aim was clearly not to rely on a single focal point up top (more easily marked out of the game) and instead have goals coming from across the midfield and attacking line.

That’s now happening, and personally I’m happy with our options. It goes without saying that if we were to sell one of our current options, I’d want to know who was coming in as a replacement. (Be that from youth squad or a transfer in)

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I’m reading the original quote, and my brains translating it as meaning “We’re signing David Datro Fofana in January and then loaning them straight out to USG”.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trossard has scored more than...

Bobby "Had a great start to the season" Firminho
Callum "Get him on the plane to Qatar" Wilson
Gabriel "Will score a hatful in his rightful number 9 position" Jesus

Gross has scored more than...

Mo "Not quite so good any more" Salah
Marcus "Back to focusing on football" Rashford
Kevin "Still looks a bit like a paperboy" De Bruyne

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looking forward to the 4-2-4-0 formation as we flood forward and continue to confuse opposition centre backs as they have no one to mark or bully.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
How many teams have scored more than us ?...

How many more would we have scored with a proper finisher...

Lallana is right though, finding someone better than Welbeck is bloody hard and it will cost big time.

We are in no rush to get a striker in now, can wait for the right one to come along

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here