Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raul is the player the moose is talking about

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Makes sense. Guessing it will be announced in Spain in front of the Spanish media :thumbup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Not that it wouldn't be amazing to see a legend like Raul in the famous stripes but surely we are going to end up with the oldest team in the championship at this rate. Hardly building for the future!!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Not that it wouldn't be amazing to see a legend like Raul in the famous stripes but surely we are going to end up with the oldest team in the championship at this rate. Hardly building for the future!!

I don't think Brighton plan on being in the Championship for long enough to worry.

I could be wrong but I think the objectives would be get in the PL using experienced players and the youth learn from these players. Once there take in a bucket load of cash for being there (TV and prize money), consolidate a position in the league and continue to build for the future.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I don't think Brighton plan on being in the Championship for long enough to worry.

I could be wrong but I think the objectives would be get in the PL using experienced players and the youth learn from these players. Once there take in a bucket load of cash for being there (TV and prize money), consolidate a position in the league and continue to build for the future.
I like this post. Hadn't really thought about it that clearly but there is an obvious difference between the type of players we are buying now to get us competing at the top end of the Championship this season and then the type of players we will go for at a later stage in the club's development (i.e. once we are established in the Premiership and pushing for long-term domination of the Champions' League...)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I think those who say this is "definitely" happening need to explain why - and how - he is getting out of the contract he signed in May with Al-Sadd to play with them in a league that doesn't even kick off until September.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think those who say this is "definitely" happening need to explain why - and how - he is getting out of the contract he signed in May with Al-Sadd to play with them in a league that doesn't even kick off until September.

This

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Yeah, back in SEPTEMBER

He likes to get in early with his news :) Macprawn was correct though, we were in talks with Bridge last summer as confirmed by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. For whatever reason it just didn't happen last year :shrug:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I remember Michael Robinson (ex Albion striker) saying that he was the most over rated player in Spanish football, and he is a far better judge than I will ever be,
Mind you I wouldn't mind seeing him here !!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I remember Michael Robinson (ex Albion striker) saying that he was the most over rated player in Spanish football, and he is a far better judge than I will ever be,
Mind you I wouldn't mind seeing him here !!
Raul over rated, really. Stats do not tell lies. Who actually cares what Micheal f***ing Robinson thinks anyway

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Who is using the family brain cell today? Have you all gone insane....?

imagesCAEP1X6A.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Raul over rated, really. Stats do not tell lies. Who actually cares what Micheal f***ing Robinson thinks anyway

Is it possible to overrate REAL MADRID'S ALL TIME TOP SCORER?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here