Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rate Albion’s Summer 2024/25 transfer window

Rate Albion’s Summer 2024/25 transfer window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Voted 8/10.

If Wieffer turns out to be top class and Hummels eventually sign, its a 10/10.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where's the don't know option? So many players coming in that some of us have never heard of, let alone seen - and so many of them that if you play them all at once it will be hard to recognise it as a Brighton team!

Sorry, I'll have to get used to them all before I can start raving about any of them!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Outstanding and very much needed. Gone with 9, because ideally we might’ve seen Igor replaced with a quicker alternative, and question marks over the fee for Gilmour.

But extremely happy.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

We have some seriously exciting new signings.

Totally awesome that we didn't sell Mitoma or Pedro, or send Ferguson on loan to Chelsea or Brentford etc.

But Groß leaving was still terrible news.

Last edited:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Gone for a 7. It's too easy to rate the new players. Regardless of how they have done elsewhere they have to fit with the coach's style and the other players. I'm disappointed to be losing Barco, Gilmour, and Buonanotte. I still have concerns about the depth in defence and we haven't done a lot about that, especially at centre back.

On a positive note we are lucky to be in a position to exploit the PSR-affected market thanks to Tony's love of the club and his previous success. Long may this continue.

UTA

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A 6 from me, but it really could end up being a 2 or a 10 in hindsight, once we’ve seen the outcomes.

The negatives first - losing Gross and Gilmour weakens us substantially, on the face of it. We didn’t get a pacy CB which I’d have had as a priority signing, nor did we get an out and out number 9, despite selling one to a Champions League club. Left back still feels like a long term issue - fine assuming Estupinan gets back to his form of 2 years ago, but when he’s injured we still rely on a lot of right footed players playing out of position. Lastly, it feels like we’ve invested an incredible amount of money in purchases for the future, so players that will replace the current players, which is fine and all part of our model, but it’s a lot of cash for such a process. We’ve also sent a number of highly promising youngsters on loan, which has surprised me considering where they seemed to be in their development.

On the positives, we’ve spent a lot of cash on a lot of players who many rave about. It could be 3-4 years before we fully see the fruits of this labour, but many of them could prove very exciting indeed. We’ve also improved the first team in some key areas, such as full back, adding depth on the wing, and we have enforced in midfield, although we’re going to be relying on the new players gelling quickly, which is going to be tough seeing as we’ve lost one of them to injury already.

Anyway, fingers crossed it goes down the 10/10 route over the longer term.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where's the don't know option? So many players coming in that some of us have never heard of, let alone seen - and so many of them that if you play them all at once it will be hard to recognise it as a Brighton team!

Sorry, I'll have to get used to them all before I can start raving about any of them!
That’s exactly how I feel.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I agree with this. Can’t really rate the window until we’ve seen how these players get on in the Premier League.

Too early to over excited simply based on the money we’ve splashed out. Our best ever signings have generally been players we’ve signed for less than 10m.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
9/10 and Mats Hummels would make it 10/10

IMG_9981.jpeg

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Down to 7 from what would have been a 9 after the sale of WBG and because most of what might be expensive classy incomings seem to have arrived here as sicknotes :wink:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There is never any point in rating a window.

This could end up being the greatest or worst window ever, or possiibly just meh..

It's certainly exciting right now.

Bloom has played the situation superbly, however.
Using up 3 seasons worth of accrued wealth, to give Huerzler the best possible chance of success.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Down to 7 from what would have been a 9 after the sale of WBG and because most of what might be expensive classy incomings seem to have arrived here as sicknotes :wink:
Have to say I disagree.
we currently have Weiffer, O'riley, Baleba, Ayari, Hinshelwood, Milner, Moder competing for 2 starting places and 1 bench option.

We aren't Chelsea!

Something had to give and it was likely to be our best back up option.
Billy couldn't afford to have another season as our bench option.

Ayari and Hinsh can.

Sad, but completely understandable.

Personally I think Ayari, is the ideal replacement for Billy.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
TB has certainly put his money where his mouth is. It's a long way from being excited about Alex Revell joining us.

Although we might have spent 200 million quid, the only new player who started last week was Minteh. The 2 wins to date have by and large come with last year's team so it is difficult to judge right now.

I really don't get the WBG sale. Especially after Gross leaving. There is also a fair few frozen out players we didn't shift unless I missed that.

7/10

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
8. It’s not a window where we've simply tried to strengthen for this season - it’s a long-term play. Virtually all young players with potentially very high ceilings and allowing us to send a couple of potential superstars out on loan for further development. Suspect the real benefits of this window will be seen next season and beyond.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Selling both regular starting central midfielders in the same window cost us last summer.

We have signed plenty of great talents who have improved our attacking options, many of them instantly. A bigger competitive squad that could push for another top 6 finish.

8 from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here