Rate Albion’s Summer 2024/25 transfer window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gone for a 7. It's too easy to rate the new players. Regardless of how they have done elsewhere they have to fit with the coach's style and the other players. I'm disappointed to be losing Barco, Gilmour, and Buonanotte. I still have concerns about the depth in defence and we haven't done a lot about that, especially at centre back.

On a positive note we are lucky to be in a position to exploit the PSR-affected market thanks to Tony's love of the club and his previous success. Long may this continue.

UTA
Tough crowd

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A 6 from me, but it really could end up being a 2 or a 10 in hindsight, once we’ve seen the outcomes.

The negatives first - losing Gross and Gilmour weakens us substantially, on the face of it. We didn’t get a pacy CB which I’d have had as a priority signing, nor did we get an out and out number 9, despite selling one to a Champions League club. Left back still feels like a long term issue - fine assuming Estupinan gets back to his form of 2 years ago, but when he’s injured we still rely on a lot of right footed players playing out of position. Lastly, it feels like we’ve invested an incredible amount of money in purchases for the future, so players that will replace the current players, which is fine and all part of our model, but it’s a lot of cash for such a process. We’ve also sent a number of highly promising youngsters on loan, which has surprised me considering where they seemed to be in their development.

On the positives, we’ve spent a lot of cash on a lot of players who many rave about. It could be 3-4 years before we fully see the fruits of this labour, but many of them could prove very exciting indeed. We’ve also improved the first team in some key areas, such as full back, adding depth on the wing, and we have enforced in midfield, although we’re going to be relying on the new players gelling quickly, which is going to be tough seeing as we’ve lost one of them to injury already.

Anyway, fingers crossed it goes down the 10/10 route over the longer term.
If you look up the definition of "glass half empty", this is what you'll find.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Interesting, by the way, that the poll closes just a couple of hours after the transfer windows do in Poland and Belgium.

🤔 😉

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We have lost some good players … Gross, Lallana & Gilmore. Some promising young ones have been sent on loan, will they ever return?
In there place we have acquired some new people who may or may not work out … Time will tell.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s been interesting, proof of the pudding is in the eating though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Strong 9 for me.

Good signings in the main.
Reservations about O’Riley but time will tell.

Very excited about Ferdi
Minteh looking a good all round player

Outgoings felt right (other than Barco)
Surprised Igor, Tariq and Moder still here, and a CB would have been good, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am certain Kadioglu will be a big hit.
I am very excited by the potential of Minteh and Gruda.
I think Rutter, O'Riley and Weiffer are sound signings for the team, but not likely to be players we turn a big profit on on the future, maybe O'Riley will be.
A bit sorry to see some of the younger guys go on loan, but they mostly seem to have got good loans that should help them come on.

It's an 8, possibly rising to a 9 if Gruda turns out to be as good as he could be.
Can never be a 10, we lost Gross.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Shame the 3 last signings are all injured already but exciting to see such ambition. Disappointed more in Sarmiento and Barco going on loan that I am with WBG leaving but also nice to see so many youngsters getting decent loans. I didn't see anything about Mazilu, did he go out on loan at all ?.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
8 - Would have gone 10 but still can’t believe wbg was sold (and for such a small amount) so took 2 off

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
9 from me, but that's just because I have to be honest by saying I don't know how good some of our signings are due to my own non-existent prior knowledge of them.
A little sad to see Barco loaned out as I was really looking forward to watching him play.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Loss of WBG (permanent) and Barco (temporary?) and the injury to O'Riley has taken the edge off for me somewhat for now

This. 9/10. Keeping WBG would have made it 10/10

At the end of the day it's what are you comparing it to? Your Fantasy team? Your wet dream team? Chelsea? Villa?

I'm comparing it to who I think we are - a smaller budgeted sized mid table team fighting for our space in the top half without loading us up with humongous debt. This window is a massive step up for us in size and scale of our business. As fans of whatever team, we always want more.

Of course it's going to take time to see if this next level step works out (TB doesn't gamble with BHAFC imo) but it's an incredible step up for us and I'm very excited for the new season to see how the new team and manager works out.

Fiskmås

8. It’s not a window where we've simply tried to strengthen for this season - it’s a long-term play. Virtually all young players with potentially very high ceilings and allowing us to send a couple of potential superstars out on loan for further development. Suspect the real benefits of this window will be seen next season and beyond.
Exactly this! When the pundits show lists of all our signings all the focus is on the prize tags next to the names, rather than the ages listed. That’s the really exciting reading.

Attachments

• EFE6A8BD-3139-495E-936A-448E4C2BB7D4.jpeg
    EFE6A8BD-3139-495E-936A-448E4C2BB7D4.jpeg
    762.9 KB · Views: 24

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here