Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rat from a sinking ship ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can't stand Warnock, but have often had to very grudgingly respect his football knowledge.

However, he needs his bumps feeling if he's going to jump from the financial disaster at shithurst park to the board room chaos at Loftus Road.

Of all the current clubs in turmoil Rangers are the only ones I give a shit about. That could change with that w4nker there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's no way QPR will sign Warnock. It's nowhere near funny enough.

I'm still laughing at their appointment of Mick Harford.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
It suggests Gareth Southgate as manager, Steve Coppell as Dir of Football and former boss Alan Smith also involved.

Surely they would then have more managers than players?!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I belive da Rangers will have to pay £1m compensation if they do get Warnock so the administrator will be keen to sell...

As for their proposed managerial line up well I would think all 3 would be probably be doing it for next to nothing as they are probably quite well off individually.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't see the administrators paying the sort of wage that Southgate would demand.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There's no way QPR will sign Warnock. It's nowhere near funny enough.

I'm still laughing at their appointment of Mick Harford.

with Briatore gone i expect the comedy will leave too and they'll look at being a serious football club agin, but still having the wallet of Ecclestone and the other chap.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which is the better option stay at Palace and earn a wage for another year. Or go to QPR ona higher wage and get the sack and paid off for the remainder of your contract after 6 months, I knew which I would chose.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Which is the better option stay at Palace and earn a wage for another year. Or go to QPR ona higher wage and get the sack and paid off for the remainder of your contract after 6 months, I knew which I would chose.

Depends if you are looking for fulfillment or a retirement package?

I would imagine that Warnock is quite comfortable financially. Would you honestly move to QPR in proviso of being sacked or see out the job you are currently holding onto?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends if you are looking for fulfillment or a retirement package?

I would imagine that Warnock is quite comfortable financially. Would you honestly move to QPR in proviso of being sacked or see out the job you are currently holding onto?

I think that QPR are more likely to be able to achieve any last ambitions that Warnock has, more so than Palace who look to be on a slippery slope even if those 'old boys' buy them.

The added bonus is that as he is nearing retirement, when he does eventually get the sack, which most managers do, even the successful ones, he would receive a nice little pension package to spend on his farm down the west country.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
with Briatore gone i expect the comedy will leave too and they'll look at being a serious football club agin, but still having the wallet of Ecclestone and the other chap.

That is what we are hoping. I understand that Mittal has substantially increased his shareholding and the new man at the top of the holding company is one of his people. The concern for some is that Gianni Paladini is now chairman of the football club. He's held responsible for many of the 47 or so signings we've made in the last few years, some on long contracts allegedly on £10-15k a week. :ohmy:

Latest rumours re the manager's position is Colin is after a 2 and 1/2 year contract and there is some reluctance at HQ to meet his demands given we could be a League One team next season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would expect QPR to do everything they possibly can to bring in Warnock, who I believe is the best Championship manager in every conceivable way.

Yep BEST manager we never had it pains me to say.

Knows what it takes to either fight off relegation or get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here