Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rasiak

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I also believe that if it wasnt Soton then Rasiak would probably have stayed at Spurs to fight for his place.

Exactly, and lets not forget that Soton are still financed pretty much as a Premiership club due I assume, partly to the way the clubs recieve Prem TV money at the end of a season. (Why many of their lot think they are well and truly f***ed for next season when the cash flow runs out)

I've heard (yawn) that Rasiak turned down a loan move to Hearts just a few days ago where he would have been on £9000 a week or so, even if we were in Falmer with decent gates, it would be a long way down the road before we could afford that sort of wages.

I really dont see why anyone is getting depressed about missing out if you look at the facts.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Rougvie said:

I really dont see why anyone is getting depressed about missing out if you look at the facts.

It's more the fact that it is likely to affect the signing of the guy we are interested in.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
BensGrandad said:
How difficult would it have been for MM when talking to Spurs to have said " if Barnard is not being allowed out on loan who is?" perhaps he did and for various reasons didnt want Rasiak.
mcghee has stated more than once he'd love risiak but it was never an option! after one game earlier in the season he said he'd watched risiak play for spurs reserves and if he'd have been playing for us we'd have won! risiak was always gonna go somewhere in the championship on loan and it was never gonna be to us

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Trigger said:

No ARE. I'm sure we're still interested. Whether they are willing to loan him to us now is another matter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BensGrandad said:
How difficult would it have been for MM when talking to Spurs to have said " if Barnard is not being allowed out on loan who is?" perhaps he did and for various reasons didnt want Rasiak.

For the benefit of TGC please read the above and note I asked a question and then gave the probable answer. I did say for various reasons which could be:

a. wages
b...Withdean and facilities
c....League position
d....Possible permanent transfer.

he didnt want Rasiak. How is that knocking the club or MM.

I am 100% behind MM as I believe that he is our best hope of staying up. I am more concerned about other issues.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Rangdo said:
It's more the fact that it is likely to affect the signing of the guy we ARE interested in.

But i'm not that sure that we would/will ever get him.

By most accounts Jol wants him to start getting involved in the first team, and they really are pushing now for the Champions League place, so even if he did come to us, the first knock to one of the forwards and he would be heading back again.

I'm confident that McGhee is doing his best to get someone, but I dont think Spurs have done him a lot of favours wuith their humming and haying, I think he should look elsewhere.

BensGrandad said:
For the benefit of TGC please read the above and note I asked a question and then gave the probable answer. I did say for various reasons which could be:

a. wages
c....League position

I am 100% behind MM as I believe that he is our best hope of staying up. I am more concerned about other issues.

Simple question

So why the "How hard would it be for McGhee ....." line, insinuating he hasn't done his job?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think its sad that McGhee cant even make a phonecall without it being totally disected to as/what/did he say.

I think its best that we leave HIM to look after that side of things.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
BensGrandad said:

a. wages
c....League position

it's not the case of not wanting it's more knowing we wouldn't get and by mentioning wages ,withdean and possible perm transfer you are surely agreeing with that

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:

a. wages
c....League position

To be fair the way it reads does sound like a criticism. If they are the reasons you are referring to then it is not an issue of not wanting him but of not being able to have him. Very different.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Rougvie said:
I think its sad that McGhee cant even make a phonecall without it being totally disected to as/what/did he say.

But rumour is what 99% of the football content is based on here. What would we talk about?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Rangdo said:
To be fair the way it reads does sound like a criticism. If they are the reasons you are referring to then it is not an issue of not wanting him but of not being able to have him. Very different.
:clap: :clap: if mcghee thought he had any resonable chance in signing him he would have followed it up

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said he probably did say that because it wasnt a difficult question to ask.. As I said How hard was it for MM to ask it wasnt it was simple so he probably did and then having been given the answer decided against pushing it further because of one of the reasons I have given above, or as I said for various reasons didn't want him because he knew it was out of the question if it was wages.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Rangdo said:
But rumour is what 99% of the football content is based on here. What would we talk about?

Yeah, but it just gets a bit surreal and extreme sometimes.

Brighton4eva

Jan 18, 2006
Exiled in Portsmouth
Southampton have taken Tottenham striker Grzegorz Rasiak on loan until the end of the season with a view to a £2m permanent move.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is the reason we could never afford him - the possible £2m deal at the end of his loan period

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
By his own admission, he has been on the phone for 4 hours a day for the last few weeks

He should get off of the chat lines and do some work! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here