Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rasiak

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Southampton may have someone going spare, Kenwyne Jones maybe?

I think there is every possibility of Jones going out on loan. I've seen him for Southampton reserves and he looked like the sort of player we need. Plus I know for a fact his wages are very low - we could deffinatly afford him. However, he was poor when he played for the first team against Palace the other week - can sometimes trap a ball further than most can kick it. :p He'll want first team football with the world cup approaching too. He has the potential to be very decent but on the other hand he's comparable to McCammon on occasions! Not the leader we're looking for but with Big Mac on his way out, Jones could be a temporary replacement.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Think the Barnard option is dead in the water now, and i'm sure McGhee views it that way.

We haven't really got time to wait a month to see if he becomes available, need to act sooner rather than later !!!

In the arsegas McGhee stated we had another couple of players we were looking at maybe one of them might be what we are looking for..... i just hope we don't hear any names as that seems to blow any deal out of the water !!!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There's always Fuller of course. May be a bit harder to get hold of as he's been closer to the first team and is on much higher wages but he's deffinatly more like the leader McGhee says we need. Maybe not so in vocal terms but he's a proper bully up front. Gives defenders a real hard time (as in he's very physcial, will just push them about!). Rasiak and Madsen are both players who'll hold the ball up well, so maybe Fuller wont be needed, although Madsen came off on Sat at half time as they didn't think he was fully fit so they may be reluctant to let Fuller out.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Southampton will not loan us any players as things stand, they are certainly not out of the relegation fight, especially if they lose to Reading on Friday night and we get three points on saturday...will only be four points between us.

So will certainly not loan players to a fellow relegation threatened team !!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wouldn't think they view themselves as relgation candidates- they'll start picking up points before long anyway.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Silent Bob said:
I wouldn't think they view themselves as relgation candidates- they'll start picking up points before long anyway.

They do..... and they have expected to start picking up points all season... the table never lies and they are involved in the relegation battle at this stage especially if results don't go their way this weekend

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But now they can REALISTICALLY expect to start picking up points. Burley is starting to get his own team together.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
plymouth fans seem to think they'd be after kenwyne jones if he becomes avalible as he was on loan to pulis at stoke last time the fact there ground is better than our's ect think he'd have a few more options than us

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You may be right, but the pressure is on and Burley has made a heck of alot of changes and maybe that will need time to settle down.... by then we could have caught them

Well always gotta live in hope haven't you !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here