Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rasiak

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Skysports.com can reveal that Southampton have agreed a deal to sign Tottenham's Grzegorz Rasiak.

Saints boss George Burley has been looking to add to his squad after letting a number of players leave last month.

Burley has now moved to tie up a loan deal for Rasiak until the end of the season after the loan window reopened earlier this week.

Rasiak is looking for first-team football as he looks to safeguard his World Cup place with Poland.

The giant striker has failed to break into Martin Jol's starting XI and has struggled to make an impact at White Hart Lane since his move from Derby.

Burley, who signed Rasiak at Derby, has moved to be reunited with the striker and he could make his debut this Friday against Reading.

Rasiak's agent Giorgio De Giorgis confirmed a deal had been agreed and that the player was looking forward to working under Burley again.

"It is a done deal everything was agreed last night," De Giorgis told skysports.com.

"Grzegorz will join Southampton on loan for the rest of the season.

"We will then see at the end of the loan if Southampton would be interested in keeping Grzegorz.

"He is happy with the move as it is his goal to be playing regularly with the World Cup in mind.

"He links up again with George Burley which he is delighted about and he could make his debut on Friday against Reading."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was never coming here anyway so :shrug: except he'll probably score the winner against us for scumhampton

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Southampton may have someone going spare, Kenwyne Jones maybe?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How difficult would it have been for MM when talking to Spurs to have said " if Barnard is not being allowed out on loan who is?" perhaps he did and for various reasons didnt want Rasiak.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
i used to come on nsc to be cheered up, and now i just get depressed... someone put something positive on here.... pleasssssssssssssse and it's me birthday on saturday... come on lads a big 3 points just for me........:down: :shootself

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
How difficult would it have been for MM when talking to Spurs to have said " if Barnard is not being allowed out on loan who is?" perhaps he did and for various reasons didnt want Rasiak.

Spurs paid a lot for him I think and may be trying to initiate a permanent deal, this being the only reason that they loaned him out to Southampton. If thats the case coming to us would never have been considered.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BensGrandad said:
This deal has been in the pipeline for a while, it's probably the reason Barnard was on the bench/not available for loan.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Probably on a bout ten grand- at least at Spurs-

I can imagine the conversation

Jol:"he's on X amount here how much would you be willing to contribute towards his wages?"

McGhee "would you not take a swap deal- we have a trolley that you could use to collect the training ground balls in"

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
judewri said:
someone put something positive on here.... pleasssssssssssssse

pic58.jpg

BensGrandad said:

You really are a muppet. How the hell do you know he didn't? By his own admission, he has been on the phone for 4 hours a day for the last few weeks trying to find players. Firstly, whay should he sign a player because a few people on NSC say so? Secondly, for all we know he has phoned Martin Jol about ANY available players. In fact, I would be disappointed if he hadn't done that to all Prem clubs.

The way you turn your supposition into facts to beat the club with are ludicrous.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
judewri said:
i used to come on nsc to be cheered up, and now i just get depressed... someone put something positive on here.... pleasssssssssssssse and it's me birthday on saturday... come on lads a big 3 points just for me........:down: :shootself

Hey Judewri, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her into your heart. Then you can start to make it better. :wave:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Deano's Right Foot said:
Hey Judewri, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her into your heart. Then you can start to make it better. :wave:
MY EARS! MY EARS! :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Great Cornholio said:
You really are a muppet. How the hell do you know he didn't? By his own admission, he has been on the phone for 4 hours a day for the last few weeks trying to find players. Firstly, whay should he sign a player because a few people on NSC say so? Secondly, for all we know he has phoned Martin Jol about ANY available players. In fact, I would be disappointed if he hadn't done that to all Prem clubs.

The way you turn your supposition into facts to beat the club with are ludicrous.

Talking of muppets have you tried looking into a mirror.

If you read my post I said he may have done but for various reasons didnt follow it up. Which to an average intelligent person like me is self explanatory but perhaps a little difficult for you to understand so next time I will get my 6 year old granddaughter to draw you pictures.

BensGrandad said:
Talking of muppets have you tried looking into a mirror.

If you read my post I said he may have done but for various reasons didnt follow it up. Which to an average intelligent person like me is self explanatory but perhaps a little difficult for you to understand so next time I will get my 6 year old granddaughter to draw you pictures.

Yet another person who blusters and name calls when their views are challenged. As mentioned many times before, every post you make is designed to criticise the board, management or both. Like it or not, your post insinuates that McGhee has been negligent by either not asking about Rasiak or not rating him as a player. The first is pure supposition and very probably WRONG and the second is almost certainly ludicrous because he completely matches the profile of player McGhee has gone on record as wanting. There is a high probability that McGhee asked about the player as was put off by the huge wages he is more than likely on or told no because Spurs saw no benefit in him playing at the bottom of the Championship in a poor ream. Or was told that a deal with Southampton was already agreed.

I deal in probabilities and likelihoods. You deal in supposition to meet your own agenda. Can your granddaughter draw a picture of that for you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In fairness to MM (and Im not his greatest fan) but I think the fact that he has a chance to link up with Burley and that at the end of the season Im sure Soton will buy him its pretty much a done deal.

I also believe that if it wasnt Soton then Rasiak would probably have stayed at Spurs to fight for his place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here