Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers !!!!!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Let's bring those factors in too, using audited facts from the clubs rather than clutching-at-straws guess work:

Celtic's published payroll £36m. Rangers £28.2m.
Their reports also show that Celtic pay more in wages for at least 7 seasons now.

Celtic's accumulated squad cost £34.1m + K.Commons since. Rangers £26.4m.
In other words, Celtic have been buying bigger for many years now.

And Celtic's corporation tax bill was zero, due the losses in subsidising many managers now.

Walter Smith had to deal with this all, and still made Rangers, like the Albion, CHAMPIONES.
A happy day for the blue 4/5 of Scotland.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure you have said before that, at a push, you are Rangers. I have no idea how to properly work the search feature on here without bringing up all sorts of random shit, so forgive me if I am wrong.

Anyways, your story seems selective (I was at the same game). How about the fantastic atmosphere around the ground and in the pubs? Any violence? Thought not. Shame about the pissed behaviour, but most Albion away games I see someone I am embarrassed to be associated with.

Definitely not in anyway associated to any blue other than Brighton, various garments in my wardrobe and my support of Blue (for one night only!) last night.

It is not a selective story at all. Why should should decent behaviour (to be expected of human beings) be praised? I am giving my account of what I saw. I know a few pubs were not welcoming the fans, but I didn't notice any sort of trouble in the pubs as I didn't go to any of them. I do know that the Eight Bells had various problems with poor behaviour - something that did not materialise with the Tartan Army when they hit London - certainly a different breed of fans.

I do know the owners of a newsagent quite well and they had plenty of stock stolen by Celtic fans after the game.

How do you know that there was not any violence? Besides, violence is not the only anti-social behaviour.

Our party avoided the pubs and had a barbeque and copious amounts of cider, so I am only going on what I saw on the way to the ground, during the game and the walk back.

Of course, every club tends to cause some sort of grief to local residents in one form or another, but from just 11,000 Celtic fans, there was a much larger proportion that were ill behaved and would not be welcomed back.

Phil, the brother of a friend, who got the tickets and follows them around all over the place was one of the fans that got ejected from a plane in Seville (I think). Although, he wasn't personally responsible for the ejection - more a case of get all the Greens off the plane.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Definitely not in anyway associated to any blue other than Brighton, various garments in my wardrobe and my support of Blue (for one night only!) last night.

It is not a selective story at all. Why should should decent behaviour (to be expected of human beings) be praised? I am giving my account of what I saw. I know a few pubs were not welcoming the fans, but I didn't notice any sort of trouble in the pubs as I didn't go to any of them. I do know that the Eight Bells had various problems with poor behaviour - something that did not materialise with the Tartan Army when they hit London - certainly a different breed of fans.

I do know the owners of a newsagent quite well and they had plenty of stock stolen by Celtic fans after the game.

How do you know that there was not any violence? Besides, violence is not the only anti-social behaviour.

Our party avoided the pubs and had a barbeque and copious amounts of cider, so I am only going on what I saw on the way to the ground, during the game and the walk back.

Of course, every club tends to cause some sort of grief to local residents in one form or another, but from just 11,000 Celtic fans, there was a much larger proportion that were ill behaved and would not be welcomed back.

Phil, the brother of a friend, who got the tickets and follows them around all over the place was one of the fans that got ejected from a plane in Seville (I think). Although, he wasn't personally responsible for the ejection - more a case of get all the Greens off the plane.

Fair enough, don't want to question your own testimony. Just that I was at the game, and there was a bit of "carnival atmosphere" - can imagine a few idiots misbehaving but really don't think it was any sort of quantity to cast a bad image on the club.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm not so sure carnival atmosphere would be such an appropriate description, but I guess we both have different views and feelings on the matter as you were watching your team play and I was watching a game of football that mattered very little to me, apart from seeing Bobby Z score in front of us ;) I was suitably chastised by the two Celtic fans I was with for looking cheery when BZ scored.

The thing that hit me the most was the smell. Some of those guys can't have washed for about a week, but then having been on tour for a while and not washed their hoops, it would not surprise me if they hadn't!

Certainly not on the scale of devastation that Manchester suffered from your blue cousins, but a poor show, I felt. Not world ending behaviour, but didn't particularly endear themselves to the local folk as the Tartan Army did a month or so back. Fulham being one of the destinations due to being banned from Traf Square.

Maybe I am over-dramatising it a bit..!

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I literally cannot wait for next season's SPL to start. It's going to be absolutely BRILLIANT again:

Rangers and Celtic in the top two, but excitingly we don't know which way round!!!
In at least one of the 14 times they play each other, there will be a sending off. Even more exciting!
Neil Lennon will act like a prick and then be sent a death threat for his troubles. Those pesky pashionut Glaswegians eh!
Both teams will be f***ing SHIT in Europe and if they make it to the first group stages, will finish 3rd in their groups.
One of them will last until the 16 of the European plate competition that other big European clubs don't give a shit about.
They'll both win a domestic honour and NSC will be full of boring Old Firm twats arguing over who is more successful - Rangers on Mickey Mouse title wins or Celtic because they won the European Cup ONCE, and that was before most of this board's contributors were born.

I literally cannot WAIT. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Surely time for an Old Firm sub forum so this same conversation can continue going round in circles off the main board.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Games:
Rangers 157
Celtic 143
95 draws

League Titles:
Rangers 54
Celtic 42

Scottish Cup:
Rangers 33
Celtic 34 (And in this years final i believe)

Scottish League Cup:
Rangers 27
Celtic 14

Other Honours
Rangers: Cup Winners Cup 1972
Celtic: European Cup 1967

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here