Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers !!!!!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think BoF was more referring to the fact of the SPL being a permanent duopoly.

How different is the premiership? In fact, proud Catalan as you are, you must be aware that the Spanish League is the same.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In fact, proud Catalan as you are, you must be aware that the Spanish League is the same.

Correct, and nor am I disputing that. I was simply clarifying my interpretation of BoF's comment, that's all.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Correct, and nor am I disputing that. I was simply clarifying my interpretation of BoF's comment, that's all.

Fair enough. BoF has mentioned before he favours Rangers. Thus I interpreted what seems like an innocent post about the two-sidedness of the league to be a sneaky way to fit on that statistic.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No, no, no, no. I don't favour Rangers at all. I dislike them both in equal portions.

My only experience of the Old Firm is watching a friendly between Celtic and Fulham. The Celtic fans, on the whole, were a horrific bunch. They absolutely trashed the place, tried to breakdown the shutters to the bars, pissed all over the stadium/Fulham/Putney, looted shops and spent much of the game singing all sorts of Secretarian bolleaux. The two chaps I went with, both Celtic supporters who rarely miss a game, were quite embarrassed by some of the behaviour.

Scottish football depresses me.

Granted, most top flight football is dominated by a small number of teams, but it has always been the case north of Hadrians Wall and I find that to be incredibly dull.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Celtic under Lennon:

Ledley, J. 0.0
Murphy, D. 1.5
Juarez, E. 3.5
Mulgrew, C. 0.0
Du-Ri, C. 0.0
Hooper, G. 2.4
Kayal 1.5
Commons 0.3
Izzaguirre 0.6
Majstorovic 0.0
Stokes 1.0

= £10.8m in a year, despite smaller scottish revenues

Rangers just Jelavic £4m and Beattie £1.5m. Almost half !!!
As well as losing from first-16 Miller, Boyd, Beasly, Thomson, Smith & Novo in the last 12 months due to finances.

Just emphasises even more the great job that Walter Smith guy has done, again.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Celtic under Lennon:

Ledley, J. 0.0
Murphy, D. 1.5
Juarez, E. 3.5
Mulgrew, C. 0.0
Du-Ri, C. 0.0
Hooper, G. 2.4
Kayal 1.5
Commons 0.3
Izzaguirre 0.6
Majstorovic 0.0
Stokes 1.0

= £10.8m in a year, despite smaller scottish revenues

Rangers just Jelavic £4m and Beattie £1.5m. Almost half !!!
As well as losing from first-16 Miller, Boyd, Beasly, Thomson, Smith & Novo in the last 12 months due to finances.

Just emphasises even more the great job that Walter Smith guy has done, again.

Completely ignoring wages and players already in place. Not to mention the fact that Celtic pay their tax bills.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Barrel of Fun ... you are spot on.

Some well-known english football journalists have this anecdote. They had a break from football and happened to be on holiday in Andalucia many towns away from Seville, where that week Celtic lost to Porto in 2003 UEFA Cup Final.
They spoke of the scummy Celtic fans who pissed all over this hitherto clean Spanish town, and were incredibly rude, aggressive and embarrassment to Britain & Ireland.
Hotel guests from all over Europe were disgusted.

Laying waste to the myth that only Rangers fans have scum, amongst those two.

All makes sense. Why just because a fan from an estate has a green jersey, would on average he be a better class of fan than his neighbour wearing light blue?

The myth destroyed.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Barrel of Fun ... you are spot on.

Some well-known english football journalists have this anecdote. They had a break from football and happened to be on holiday in Andalucia many towns away from Seville, where that week Celtic lost to Porto in 2003 UEFA Cup Final.
They spoke of the scummy Celtic fans who pissed all over this hitherto clean Spanish town, and were incredibly rude, aggressive and embarrassment to Britain & Ireland.
Hotel guests from all over Europe were disgusted.

Laying waste to the myth that only Rangers fans have scum, amongst those two.

All makes sense. Why just because a fan from an estate has a green jersey, would on average he be a better class of fan than his neighbour wearing light blue?

The myth destroyed.

Ah, nothing like an unaccredited story!

The people of Seville loved Celtic. I am sure that some people misbehaved and urinated in public, but there is a genuine good feeling about the club and their fans in that city (perhaps aided by the bar takings). Shall we ask the people of Manchester about Rangers?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No, no, no, no. I don't favour Rangers at all. I dislike them both in equal portions.

My only experience of the Old Firm is watching a friendly between Celtic and Fulham. The Celtic fans, on the whole, were a horrific bunch. They absolutely trashed the place, tried to breakdown the shutters to the bars, pissed all over the stadium/Fulham/Putney, looted shops and spent much of the game singing all sorts of Secretarian bolleaux. The two chaps I went with, both Celtic supporters who rarely miss a game, were quite embarrassed by some of the behaviour.

Scottish football depresses me.

Granted, most top flight football is dominated by a small number of teams, but it has always been the case north of Hadrians Wall and I find that to be incredibly dull.

I am sure you have said before that, at a push, you are Rangers. I have no idea how to properly work the search feature on here without bringing up all sorts of random shit, so forgive me if I am wrong.

Anyways, your story seems selective (I was at the same game). How about the fantastic atmosphere around the ground and in the pubs? Any violence? Thought not. Shame about the pissed behaviour, but most Albion away games I see someone I am embarrassed to be associated with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here