Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers gone into ADMIN (monkey tennis)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The MTL is very much like 2 people completing a season on FIFA in amateur mode.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So they've gone into administration BEFORE the result of the court case? Doesn't that suggest that it's just debts that Whyte knew about when he took over that has forced them into admin? I sincerely hope he's not like one of Pompey's numerous recent owners that's just in it for a fast buck and is going to look to screw the club.

It would be a very brave, or very stupid man, who took liberties with the future existance of Ramgers, for his own personal gain. IF (and its a massive hypothetical IF) Rangers went to the wall, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy relaxing on my luxury yacht or private beach, knowing there were a LOT of seriously f***ed up, seriously pissed off, lunatic Glaswegian pisshead fitba nutters out there, with a major grudge against me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So they write off most of their debt but maintain their league position....that'll teach them to be financially responsible. :ffsparr:

Oct 25, 2003
they could be in trouble for 2nd place.....motherwell aren't that far behind with the points deduction and have a game in hand...plus rangers have sold their best player (jelavic)

there is of course a SLIGHT gap in goal difference (rangers +36, motherwell +2)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They can not write off debts if the majority debtors do not agree. Seeing that HMRC appear to be owed 50 mil I can't see them not being the majority debtor therefore they're in deep trouble.

Dandyman

In London village.
It would be a very brave, or very stupid man, who took liberties with the future existance of Ramgers, for his own personal gain. IF (and its a massive hypothetical IF) Rangers went to the wall, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy relaxing on my luxury yacht or private beach, knowing there were a LOT of seriously f***ed up, seriously pissed off, lunatic Glaswegian pisshead fitba nutters out there, with a major grudge against me.

Speaking of which: Vanguard Bears - Defending our traditions.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
at the beginning of the season I put money on Celtic to win the triple, and Rangers to win f all. Delighted with this news.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
SSN reporting that craig whyte suspects tax bill could be as high as £75 million!!!

How on earth is this allowed to go on with such pathetic penalties.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I agree Whyte didn't buy the club with a preconceived idea to take it into Admin.

There will never be a personal windfall on selling for him or anyone, as Scottish football, including very much so for Rangers & Celtic, does not now attract wealthy benefactors buying in, due to the complete lack of TV money. That's now all south of the border, with tiny clubs like Wigan, Norwich and Bolton for example now having TV money of c. £30m per season compared to £1.5m per season for each of Rangers & Celtic.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I heard on the radio earlier they were spending £45m on a £35 turnover

When did the entire world become about all your income going straight out of your pocket to service a massive debt, run up because you wanted something NOW TODAY - success (football clubs), house/car/lifestyle (people), to be re-elected (governments).

I feel old.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apparantly it all stems from the prev rangers heirarchy saying for every £1 spent by celtic rangers will spend two and so it spiralled building a debt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here