Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random thoughts regarding other teams

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ahhh Twerton park what a setting!

Those were the days, Robert 'Cod Piece, Codner' having a penalty saved after their goalkeeper was sent off by one of their outfield players while he was still putting his gloves on!

But I think we won 3-0 and Codner was one of the best players that day!
It was 3-1. Comedy DEVON punched the ball into our net in front of us, if you remember. And it was allowed to stand.

Codner's penalty that day was the worst "on target" penalty I think I've ever seen. Their keeper had been sent off, and so their striker went in goal.

The following year, we got TROUNCED 4-1 at Twerton, everybody (including their fans) sang "Bye bye Barry" to Lloyd, and we ended up relegated. :(

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Eh? I've never signed up to that one. As a former semi-regular on the terraces at Ashton Gate when I lived in that fair city I'd remind you that the Gas are, were and always will be a joke. Their club song is Goodnight Irene. And they once beat us 8-2 which ought to be enough in itself.

I went to the Rovers play off final last season and they had 42 thousand there. I bet we could not muster that many.

Ah that 8-2 I remember it well.................

I see the lights are flashing ,
We`re all going Bristol bashing.

First time I`d seen coaches with all there windows missing.... terrible and it was a very cold day as well for them to travel back all that way like that.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Elana must be buy of the seasonand look at what Petrov did to Blackburn in the first half last night. With Thaksin seemingly now Mr Clean and next Pres in Thailand Man City are in dreamland and oh were we so wrong about Sven!!!

I'm in Thailand now and the paper says that he is to be arrested as soon as he arrives back in the country.

Newcastle - Allardyce has spent a fortune and his team really do look clueless. How long do you think he'll get to turn things around and how long should he get?

Chelsea v Villa. Quality game, but Chelsea don't look like potential Champions, IMO - especially without Drogba.

Sunderland - they're going down aren't they? Keane has spent a lot of cash and they look ordinary. His bubble has burst.

Palace - last time I bothered to check, it was looking gloriously horrible. Now they're on the fringe of the play off race FFS. Never let it be said that Colin Wanker is a shit manager, because he isn't. He's transformed Taylor's team and hasn't spent a bean. Very depressing.

Aldershot - it finally looks like they might make it back into the league after going bust all those years ago. They're seven points clear at the top. It'll be great to see them back in the league if it happens.

Newcastle - If Allardyce has spent loads, then he soon bowed to 'pressure' at Newcastle, without trying to manage them into winning games. Bolton had teamwork, orgaisation and people good at their respective positions - Newcastle really don't seem to possess that key ingredient.

Chelsea - illustrating what comes of really building a squad, and a backup squad, that can maintain top position in the Prem. Arse win Prem matches with their reserves! United also rely a lot on one or two superstar players, but so far they've managed to protect them (him) from injuries. Ferguson has longevity on his side, and Chelsea have had their momentum stunted in two consecutive seasons (Terry and Cech injured, Schevchenko sucking yet given a place every week, and Morinho leaving).

Sunderland - not got the best from the Prem veterans, and not yet the actual article for taking the league by storm - regardless of managerial experience.... as a player. They can survive, but a lot of players who would normally be available purchases to play in the top flight - languish in Chelsea reserves!

Palace - a bit of a case of a team under-achieving under one manager, and now looking to over-achieve with another. Their manager is experienced and is probably better to work under than many, for his players (I know WE think he's a pratt, but that may not reflect accurately his team management skills). They will probably come unstuck like they did last time, if they were to gain promotion.

The Shots - no idea. Can't comment.

MKDons - Already built a formidable side ready for the 1st Division. I doubt they'll struggle in it either - and will probably build on what they've already got, to take this one by storm. Could be the 'Crazy Gang' of the next few seasons.

Leyton Orient - seemed to start out punching above their weight...but at half-season, they are still up there. How? Please let them falter and drop like a stone. Please.

Division 1 in general - any side can beat any side, on the day.....except leeds who are somehow invincible ....in the last few minutes of every match! They'll win this division easily, imo. For everyone else, there'd have to be some successful transfers to make any other side convincing contenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here