Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random thoughts regarding other teams

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've never liked Bristol Rovers' home kit. Its naff.
f*** off Easy. The Rovers kit is top when compared to the PONY effort played in by their cross City rivals. We've already established that Rovers are the Bristol team of choice here on NSC.

I like the Wolves badge a lot. It looks menacing and cool, and if I was still at school, I would draw it all over my pencil case.
:clap: :clap: :clap: The Wolves badge is neatly JUXTAPOSED with the retarded nature of most of their simpleton fans.

I am enjoying Bournemouths miserable season. It seems only right they should be below us in the footballing echelons.

I just can't get used to Morcambe, Cheltenham or Accrington being in the League.
These two statements together are pure POETRY. Very well done. However, I went to Accy's Crown Ground in the '90s with a CHUM from University who happened to live in said town. So strangely, I do have a bit of affection for them, despite the fact that their gates are absolutely SHIT.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Elana must be buy of the seasonand look at what Petrov did to Blackburn in the first half last night. With Thaksin seemingly now Mr Clean and next Pres in Thailand Man City are in dreamland and oh were we so wrong about Sven!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Elana must be buy of the seasonand look at what Petrov did to Blackburn in the first half last night. With Thaksin seemingly now Mr Clean and next Pres in Thailand Man City are in dreamland and oh were we so wrong about Sven!!!
I'd say a player on the other side last night, Roque Santa Claus must come pretty damn close to buy of the season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
On the day Glenn Roeder was made manager at Norwich City, City were 40/1 for promotion. With what i believe is a wide open Championship,the Norfolk based club although 11 adrift of a current play-off spot, are capable of putting in decent run for a promotion spot with yet half the season to play. :bigwave:

roeder is one of the most underrated managers around

he did reasonably well at west ham until his health problems kicked in, he did well at newcastle given how they have struggled under both his predecesor AND his successor, and now he is turning norwich around

Stumpy Tim

roeder is one of the most underrated managers around

he did reasonably well at west ham until his health problems kicked in, he did well at newcastle given how they have struggled under both his predecesor AND his successor, and now he is turning norwich around

Are you MENTAL. Roeder looks like a sparrow for starters. At every club he does well for 6 months by choosing clubs who were particularly SHITE under their previous manager because the previous manager's were SHITE. When his players realise that a SPARROW is in charge and they can't understand his squawking they do what they want - which sparks a mini-revival until they inevitably fall apart when they want direction but can't understand SQUAWKING

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
f*** off Easy. The Rovers kit is top when compared to the PONY effort played in by their cross City rivals. We've already established that Rovers are the Bristol team of choice here on NSC.

Eh? I've never signed up to that one. As a former semi-regular on the terraces at Ashton Gate when I lived in that fair city I'd remind you that the Gas are, were and always will be a joke. Their club song is Goodnight Irene. And they once beat us 8-2 which ought to be enough in itself.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
will rochdale EVER get out of league two?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree with you Simster about not wanting to see another Prem manager given the hasty boot, specially Newcastle who can't seem to help themselves, but I don't think he will turn things around. He is blaming the players and yet he bought half of them.

Couple of Newcastle fans at work, They both dislike Fat Sam but dont want to sack another manager.

He is a clown though, and I think he is just about the only person on earth who would have been worse than Mcclown.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Are you MENTAL. Roeder looks like a sparrow for starters. At every club he does well for 6 months by choosing clubs who were particularly SHITE under their previous manager because the previous manager's were SHITE. When his players realise that a SPARROW is in charge and they can't understand his squawking they do what they want - which sparks a mini-revival until they inevitably fall apart when they want direction but can't understand SQUAWKING

Agreed, I dont understand how he keeps getting work? ???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'd say a player on the other side last night, Roque Santa Claus must come pretty damn close to buy of the season.

Agreed... tho he is just coming off quite a bad patch but his performance in the last four games or so has been phenomenal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eh? I've never signed up to that one. As a former semi-regular on the terraces at Ashton Gate when I lived in that fair city I'd remind you that the Gas are, were and always will be a joke. Their club song is Goodnight Irene. And they once beat us 8-2 which ought to be enough in itself.
They did indeed. but they also kindly rolled over on the last day to let us gain promotion in 1988, plus they had comedy Devon White playing for them, plus their stadiums have always been proper hilariously crap. And they play in blue and white.

And it seems most of NSC agree with me:

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=105947

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They did indeed. but they also kindly rolled over on the last day to let us gain promotion in 1988, plus they had comedy Devon White playing for them, plus their stadiums have always been proper hilariously crap. And they play in blue and white.

And it seems most of NSC agree with me:

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=105947

Not JUST Devon (no neck) White but ALSO Carl Saunders, those were the days singing Carribean Queen to him as he looked a bit like Billy Ocean...

And they played at Bath Citys ground as well.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Ahhh Twerton park what a setting!

Those were the days, Robert 'Cod Piece, Codner' having a penalty saved after their goalkeeper was sent off by one of their outfield players while he was still putting his gloves on!

But I think we won 3-0 and Codner was one of the best players that day!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I really admire Neil Warnock, even though he is our rivals manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here