Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random thoughts regarding other teams

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Newcastle - Allardyce has spent a fortune and his team really do look clueless. How long do you think he'll get to turn things around and how long should he get?

Chelsea v Villa. Quality game, but Chelsea don't look like potential Champions, IMO - especially without Drogba.

Sunderland - they're going down aren't they? Keane has spent a lot of cash and they look ordinary. His bubble has burst.

Palace - last time I bothered to check, it was looking gloriously horrible. Now they're on the fringe of the play off race FFS. Never let it be said that Colin Wanker is a shit manager, because he isn't. He's transformed Taylor's team and hasn't spent a bean. Very depressing.

Aldershot - it finally looks like they might make it back into the league after going bust all those years ago. They're seven points clear at the top. It'll be great to see them back in the league if it happens.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Newcastle - Allardyce has spent a fortune and his team really do look clueless. How long do you think he'll get to turn things around and how long should he get?

Chelsea v Villa. Quality game, but Chelsea don't look like potential Champions, IMO - especially without Drogba.

Sunderland - they're going down aren't they? Keane has spent a lot of cash and they look ordinary. His bubble has burst.

Palace - last time I bothered to check, it was looking gloriously horrible. Now they're on the fringe of the play off race FFS. Never let it be said that Colin Wanker is a shit manager, because he isn't. He's transformed Taylor's team and hasn't spent a bean. Very depressing.

Aldershot - it finally looks like they might make it back into the league after going bust all those years ago. They're seven points clear at the top. It'll be great to see them back in the league if it happens.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Allardyce is a one trick pony and the fact that he hasn't even tried to change approach at Newcastle shows what a clown he is.

That Sunderland team was never gonna survive and Keane has made some shit buys.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't disagree with any of that.

Allardyce is a one trick pony and the fact that he hasn't even tried to change approach at Newcastle shows what a clown he is.
True, but he deserves some time to prove otherwise. I'm tired of seeing Premiership managers getting the flick after about 3 months.

That Sunderland team was never gonna survive and Keane has made some shit buys.
He has indeed. Chopra and McShane both started out well, but Chopra has reverted to the form of upper Championship level striker and McShane's confidence is utterly shot to bits after a great start. There are other very ordinary players who can't cut it, like Kenwyn Jones. What a waste of 6 mill.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'd actually say Kenwyn Jones has been their best buy, well he's looked good whenever I've seen Scratch Of The Day... That Jock goalkeeper was about £8.9 million overpriced, terrible.

And as for Allardyce, don't get me started on that cock-knocker.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd actually say Kenwyn Jones has been their best buy, well he's looked good whenever I've seen Scratch Of The Day... That Jock goalkeeper was about £8.9 million overpriced, terrible.

And as for Allardyce, don't get me started on that cock-knocker.
I always thought Gordon was a great keeper to be honest.

A couple of examples of shit premiership keeping yesterday on view though. Firstly, Cech's GLARING error against VANILLA. But also watch Niemi for Huddlestone's first goal for TOTTINGHAM. He started moving the wrong way, then re-adjusted himself and then decided to just watch the ball go in, even though it looked reasonably save-able. Piss poor.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gordon I don't think has been that bad and has been about the only thing Keane has got right, he realised a decent keeper can save you points. Trouble is he's put a gash defence infront of him.

I agree with you Simster about not wanting to see another Prem manager given the hasty boot, specially Newcastle who can't seem to help themselves, but I don't think he will turn things around. He is blaming the players and yet he bought half of them.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I doubt that Keane or any Sunderland fans are worried about losing to Man U. It's the teams around them that they need to beat. They've been a little unlucky against Villa and Reading recently and could have had 3 points more - which gets them out of the bottom 3. Can't see Keane leaving anyway.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

I agree with all that. I think Keane will be gone, by February, if results don't improve.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No-one wants to comment on the scum then? Not surprised really, I'm quite worried that they'll make the play offs. :nono:

Considering they were gash not so long ago, it's disturbing to see them higher up the Championship than we are up league 1.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dean Wilkins has managed to get the Albion looking clueless on a shoestring. Bravo for Dean eh? He has saved the Albion millions.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
..........and people scoffed at the suggestion that Colin would have made a very capable England manager.

AND he is almost fluent in English.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I always thought Gordon was a great keeper to be honest.

A couple of examples of shit premiership keeping yesterday on view though. Firstly, Cech's GLARING error against VANILLA. But also watch Niemi for Huddlestone's first goal for TOTTINGHAM. He started moving the wrong way, then re-adjusted himself and then decided to just watch the ball go in, even though it looked reasonably save-able. Piss poor.

Gordon's a very good keeper; what can you do when the defence in front of you is so bad? I feel bad for McShane though. I had to work really hard explaining to a mate that he's actually quite a decent player; my mate had watched the 7-1 Everton highlights and thought he was the worst defender he'd ever seen. He laughed when i told him he'd been our player of the season a couple of seasons ago...

Agree about Niemi too; i just couldnt understand why he didnt go for that shot! When i watched it i thought it was obvious Huddlestone would put it where he did

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
On the day Glenn Roeder was made manager at Norwich City, City were 40/1 for promotion. With what i believe is a wide open Championship,the Norfolk based club although 11 adrift of a current play-off spot, are capable of putting in decent run for a promotion spot with yet half the season to play. :bigwave:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I am so happy that Allardyce wasn't made England manager (even though we appointed a clown instead), hes proved that his type of football won't work everywhere and that he can only manage a lower league club. I can't see him lasting much longer at Newcastle, hes just not the right man for that job.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I think people are being harsh with Allardyce. He did a great job with Bolton, whether you liked his style of football or not. I reckon he will turn it round at Newcastle with a bit more time, it's not like he's even doing that badly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never liked Bristol Rovers' home kit. Its naff.

I am saddened by the demise of having four towering floodlights at each corner of the stadium, that used to act as a beacon to pull you towards an away ground in a far-flung town.

I hope Ian Holloway fails at Leicester. I dislike the club, and I think he tries too hard with his stand-up routine to the press.

There is something in Thomas Gravesons eyes that makes me believe he has done something dark and terrible in his past.

Leyton Orient is a very odd name for a football club.

I like the Wolves badge a lot. It looks menacing and cool, and if I was still at school, I would draw it all over my pencil case.

I am enjoying Bournemouths miserable season. It seems only right they should be below us in the footballing echelons.

I just can't get used to Morcambe, Cheltenham or Accrington being in the League.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I'm constantly surprised at Manchester City's turnaround, pretty much all thanks to Eriksson...and their foreign owners. Was it only in 1999 that Macclesfield hosted Manchester City at home in the league?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here