Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Random question about taking a RUCKSACK into games

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I've had deodorant taken from my bag a couple of times at Withdean. It's pretty annoying but I definetely could have hidden it better. I guess it's not the time to bring a brand new can though (especially considering a tin of Lynx seems to cost nearly £3 nowadays!).

Don't stand in front of me with a rucksack on either. From experience at gigs, where it's much more common as people don't want to pay for the cloakrooms, there's few things more annoying than having someone in front of you who keeps crashing their bag into you or spending the whole night rubbing against it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Regulation 13.2 for instance contravenes the Disability Discrimination Act if you happen to be a type 1 diabetic who needs access to fluids in case of a hypo.

I happen to be a Type 1 diabetic - it's not fluids that fix hypos, its glucose [which can be found in a sugary drink granted] but dextrose tablets or a snicker bar work best. The bigger problem is my needles - only need this if I'm going to eat [need to inject insulin] but since I use a pen type injector its only obvious when the cap is removed.

Potential problem on flights but I always order a diabetic meal [nicer grub anyway] so the crew aren't suprised when I jab the pen [insulin].

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
It went SWIMMINGLY well, decided to go on the Terrace with my mates as I did'nt wanna sit on my own in the Marquee Stand. The Stewardess I chatted too was very kind to let me on the terrace with a seat ticket whilst some other chap RAIDED my bag. I pre-warned him about the dodgy underwear (on top of everything), think he found the phone charger down the bottom, must've spent a good 30seconds thoroughly going through the bag, what he did miss though was a GLASS BOTTLE (Chilli Sauce stolen the night before!) in my washbag...that surely would've been confiscated had he'd seen it!

Thanks for the tips everyone, and thanks to the nice friendly Stewards at Brizzle Rovers!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
It went SWIMMINGLY well, decided to go on the Terrace with my mates as I did'nt wanna sit on my own in the Marquee Stand. The Stewardess I chatted too was very kind to let me on the terrace with a seat ticket whilst some other chap RAIDED my bag. I pre-warned him about the dodgy underwear (on top of everything), think he found the phone charger down the bottom, must've spent a good 30seconds thoroughly going through the bag, what he did miss though was a GLASS BOTTLE (Chilli Sauce stolen the night before!) in my washbag...that surely would've been confiscated had he'd seen it!

Thanks for the tips everyone, and thanks to the nice friendly Stewards at Brizzle Rovers!

What a f***ing liberty. I tried that and they basically told me to f*** off to the marquee stand. Wasnt a bird i asked though

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I asked and was told that when I go in the Terrace section I cant come back out and go to the seated section if it started raining, I said thats fine as my ticket was for Row A anyway so would've got wet regardless.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I happen to be a Type 1 diabetic - it's not fluids that fix hypos, its glucose [which can be found in a sugary drink granted] but dextrose tablets or a snicker bar work best. The bigger problem is my needles - only need this if I'm going to eat [need to inject insulin] but since I use a pen type injector its only obvious when the cap is removed.

Potential problem on flights but I always order a diabetic meal [nicer grub anyway] so the crew aren't suprised when I jab the pen [insulin].

Russ normally has a Mars bar in reserve too , he now keeps his pen in his jacket inner pocket but even when he was using hypodermic needles never had a problem with the stewards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Russ normally has a Mars bar in reserve too , he now keeps his pen in his jacket inner pocket but even when he was using hypodermic needles never had a problem with the stewards.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
right chaps and chapesses this snatchurday I'll be waking up in Brizzle, getting drunk, going to the game with my overnight bag/rucksack (to be decided) as I'm coming home straight after, as i've NEVER taken a bag before I'm worried the STEWARDS will jump off their horses and steal it forever more.....

SO....do they allow things like these into a game arena:

1) DEODORANT - cos I smell innit!
2) PHONE CHARGER - Could this be classed as a WEAPON or something stupid?
3) DIRTY UNDERWEAR - cos i'm bound to shit myself at some point during the night!

any Stewards available for comment? any regulars take bags to games all the time? why hav'nt I had breakfast yet its 12:15pm for f*** sake!?

ta muchly :thumbsup:

I had deoderant, a phone charger and a load of clothes at Orient and they didn't mind

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
I've had deodorant taken from my bag a couple of times at Withdean. It's pretty annoying but I definetely could have hidden it better. I guess it's not the time to bring a brand new can though (especially considering a tin of Lynx seems to cost nearly £3 nowadays!).

Don't stand in front of me with a rucksack on either. From experience at gigs, where it's much more common as people don't want to pay for the cloakrooms, there's few things more annoying than having someone in front of you who keeps crashing their bag into you or spending the whole night rubbing against it.

i've also had deoderant taken from me at Withdean

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mendoza inadvertently (so he says, although as the flights had "McGleish" on them I wasnt convinced) got a set of DARTS into Leyton Orient a couple of years ago, and after being searched too :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here