Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramos Sacked!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
No chance pal. Pompey will be fine. Stop playing with the big boys and get back to your pathetic club.

yay a Portscummer has arrived, you WATCH this space PAL you are DOOMED! :yahoo:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
No chance pal. Pompey will be fine. Stop playing with the big boys and get back to your pathetic club.

You should hear the fans on local radio, that's pathetic. They are all turning on each other, the club, etc, etc. Some bint on Quay has even said that she can't understand why he would want to choose to travel once a week from Bournemouth to London, or wherever! Perhaps £3M a year for a 3 year contract, a pot to spend from, a decent ground, and a future which extends beyond a cup final win and less time in Europe than a fleeing Somalian....

They all reckon he was forced out (yep, you would have to force me out of a ground built of corrugated iron for £3M a year), and that the deal was done "in hours" - just how thick are these fans? Well, to be honest, living here I can state that they are exceptionally thick.

They can't understand why he didn't swear undying loyalty to them - do ASDA moan when the top checkout girl gets a better offer from Waitrose and moves off? Course not, it's business. At least he hasn't got to leave Nigel Quashie behind this time!

Waiting for the news to come on to show Peeeooommmppeeeyyyyaaahhh fans burning shirts with Redknapp on, crying, and trying to scrub their "'Arry forever" tats off. Just think, there they were trying to get him a knighthood...

I am going into school tomorrow to change a display - Harry's 'ead on a Spurs body that I can label as part of a science topic. Ho ho ho. Perks of teaching in a Pompey stronghold.

At least we can look forward to Pompey plummetting now - will be interesting when Pompey and Tottenham change position in the league!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

This news has really made my day.

It's well documented that Portsmouth are close to the edge financially, and it seems to me that Redknapp was one of those rare cases: a manager who's a perfect fit for the club (in more ways than one), so with a bit of luck, this is a major blow to them.

Equally, I'm not convinced his style of management will appeal to the sort of players that Spurs have.

So as far as I can see, it's a win-win situation, at least for those of us who have little time for either team involved. Spurs will continue to be crap, and Pompey will (please, please) appoint Tony Adams, commence a catastrophic plummet down the table and out of Europe, and that knob Westwood will once again be the centre of attention on MoTD, only this time sobbing his lardy heart out in the Fratton End as relegation beckons.

God, if you're listening: you know what to do :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So as far as I can see, it's a win-win situation, at least for those of us who have little time for either team involved. Spurs will continue to be crap, and Pompey will (please, please) appoint Tony Adams, commence a catastrophic plummet down the table and out of Europe

You're talkin' my kinda language Edna.

:clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The next 7 months at White Hart Lane...

October 26th
Redknapp joins Spurs and attempts to suck up to both sets of fans: "It's my last chance to manage a big club, but it's a great deal for Pompey. I've earned them £5mill, their fans should be grateful to me!". Spurs perform dismally at home to Bolton, but 'Arry distances himself from the result, blaming caretaker Clive Allen for the performance.

October 29th
Redknapp blames "scandalous" refereeing for 7-0 defeat at rivals Arsenal, and claims the squad he's inherited is "a shambles". Announces to Sky Sports that, at 4 points from safety with only 29 games to go, "it'll take a miracle" to save the club from relegation.

November 1st

Signs the unattached Ronaldo on a free as Spurs narrowly lose at Anfield. "This situation is the fault of the previous management team" he tells Sky gravely. "I'm doing everything I can under the circumstances, and Ronaldo could be the bargain of the century on a free" he continues, hoping the fans won't notice the tubby Brazilian's £120,000 per week wages

November 9th

Tottenham scrape a draw at the City of Manchester Stadium with a late, disputed Ronaldo goal : Redknapp declares it "one of my finest achievements, given City's resources compared to ours, and the fact that I'm down to my last 38 fit players". "Class is permanent" he announces, of the injury prone samba star.

8th December
Another disappointing result at home to West Ham sees 'Arry declare war on the subdued White Hart Lane crowd. "I don't know what these people want" he tells Jeff Stelling. "I'm working my arse off here with a squad down to the bare bones and a weekly wage bill that would embarrass the Sultan of Brunei. Morons, that's what they are. Morons. Do they expect us to win the bloody Champions League?". Ronaldo, looking at 3st overweight, is subbed after 19 minutes.

20th December

Harry gets another visit from the City of London Police in relation to unspecified transfer matters. Blusters furiously to Sky Sports "I've never done anything wrong in me 'ole life, for gawd's sake, these people are morons, that's what they are. Morons". "I don't know why they think I'm up to something, it's my Sandra I feel sorry for, not me" he states to the waiting press, as he returns by golden helicopter to his luxury Sandbanks mansion.

26th December

Spurs finally win a game, beating Fulham at home, leaving 'Arry full of festive cheer. "It's been tough, and I'm going to need at least 23 new players in the transfer window" he tells Sky Sports, "but we're on the right track". Announces the signing of Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch and Pedro Mendes in the upcoming transfer window, for a combined fee of £58million. Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie is furious, suggesting that illicit means may have been employed to lure the three back to WHL. Redknapp angrily retorts that he plans to sue Storrie for libel, claiming "poor old Sandra can't take what they're doing to me any more". Ronaldo goes AWOL, claiming he can't understand the manager's dressing room language.

17th January
Spurs are beaten at home by a gleeful Portsmouth side, and 'Arry is left disgusted at the treatment he receives from the travelling Pompey fans. "What's wrong with these people?" he tells the Sunday People. "I saved Pompey from relegation, won them the FA Cup, generally performed a weekly miracle entirely on my own, using a shoestring budget did I mention, and only walked out on them twice, so I don't understand why I deserve this dogs abuse. There's blokes with kids there, shouting all this obscene filth at me, it's disgusting. f***ing idiotic twats, that's what they are. f***ing wankers".

After question marks are raised by fraud experts over the role played by agents in recent Spurs transfers, Redknapp quietly ships an overweight and disinterested Ronaldo out to Al Habrahahahaha of Qatar, blaming the board for his signing. "You'd have to ask Daniel Levy about him" he professes "I never wanted to sign him in the first place".

1st March
With Spurs up to 14th place in the table after Redknapp's transfer window signing of three Cameroonians, six Serbs, a Ghanaian, a Brazilian world cup squad member and David Beckham on loan, Harry keeps things in perspective: "It's gonna be a miracle if we stay up. With the squad I've inherited, and our ridiculously small budget, I don't know how I'm gonna do it".

14th March
Harry is apoplectic at the behaviour of Villa fans, who celebrate their team's victory at White Hart Lane by singing "Droopy, what's the score?" and "Bend down/Harry's dropped the soap" as his police bail date approaches. "These people are morons" he rages. Etc.

Rumours that he's set to sensationally quit Spurs refuse to die down.

18th April

The Spurs board are reportedly upset by press reports that Redknapp was disappointed by his £73 million January transfer window budget. Daniel Levy calls Harry into his office to explain his rantings, but escapes censure after denying the rumours and blaming a conspiracy of media folk. "They're out to get me, yet I've only ever been a 100% honest Joe" he claims, while clutching a large brown envelope and the paperwork for a Cayman Islands bank account.

24th May

Spurs clinch an 8th place finish, after winning six of their last eight games. Harry declares it "a bona fide miracle, considering the miniscule budget I had and the players I started off with". Spurs fans besiege the message boards declaring that next season is the one where they finally break the top four's monopoly on the Champions League places.

25th May

Redknapp quits White Hart Lane to rejoin dismal Portsmouth, claiming "It's the only place I've ever wanted to work: I was forced out last time". Tells the press that the squad he's inherited is "the worst this club's ever seen" despite all but 3 of the 49 registered players being his own signings, and declares he'll need at least 14 new strikers to make the club competitive again. Pompey fans are initially sceptical, but soon tear up their "JUDAS SCUM" banners when he tells them they're the best fans in the world(c).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Last May, in the Portsmouth Evening News:

mainImageA.jpg

It gets better...alongside Tony Adams, the media are now suggesting that Sam Allardyce is the other favourite for the Fratton Park job.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Edna - Would you suggest this move means Portsmouth are in worse financial mess than some people thought?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Pompey are, if not in the shit, at least within smelling distance. Gaydamak has made no secret of the fact he wants to sell the club, investing large amounts of cash in other business (Hargreaves Sports, Animal, etc). The proposed new training ground is on hold because it can't be afforded, and the stadium renovation is similarly stuck-in-the-mud. They have no money for new players, and the wage bill is causing problems.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Redknapp suggests- and I accept that he always seeks to portray himself in the best light, so we may need to take this with a pinch of salt- that he'd already been told Pompey would have to sell a couple of players in the transfer window, presumably Diarra, and possibly Kranjcar, which doesn't bode well. Odds on Diarra ending up at White Hart Lane now?

Pompey appear to be making bugger all progress on the stadium front as far as I can tell, they're making significant losses each season because they can only accommodate 19,000 at Fratton Park, and appear to be funded entirely by TV money and Gaydamak's personal fortune.

He is actively looking to get out, and without any development on the new ground, I just don't see people queuing up to buy them in the current climate.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A number of Pompey fans on their forums are already labelling Redknapp

"Jew-das".

Nice touch of religious bigotry to go with the bitterness there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A number of Pompey fans on their forums are already labelling Redknapp

"Jew-das".

Nice touch of religious bigotry to go with the bitterness there.

'arry will probably get tired of the commute and be back at Pompey within the year. He's not a young man. And he don't need the money.

Never seen a smarter manager at putting a side together from under-valued so-called has-beens. Top bloke! :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here