Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramos Sacked!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
And they've just given him the Freedom of Portsmouth! Can't wait to see Dinenage wailing on Meridian tonight, and John Westwood crying that he's been betrayed again. Sooner they realise football is a business and get over it the better.

"The chance to manage a big club before I retire" - classic quote!

Don't forget he is also trying to put himself in the running for the Olympic football team management, and a rescue job at Spurs will put him back in the frame. It's not an impossible job, he's done this sort of thing before.

Reckon James and Defoe may be on their way, but no idea yet who is going to come in at Pompey, possibly Joe Jordan and Tony Adams stepping up for a trial period with a view to becoming a permanent management team.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Redknapp did a great job of taking Southampton down to from the premiership in similar circumstances. Looking forward to seeing him repeat this at Spurs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Redknapp did a great job of taking Southampton down to from the premiership in similar circumstances. Looking forward to seeing him repeat this at Spurs.

Too frickin right. Both Pompey and Spurs being shafted would be dreamland.

:yahoo::falmerspi:ascarf:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So, Spurs have cleared out the entire backroom staff so that Redknapp can bring in his own men. DOes that mean he'll bring his staff with him from Pompey? Surely we are not about to have assistant manager at Spurs .... Tony Adams!!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Ooooh perhaps he'll bring Sol Campbell back with him :lol:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Interesting- Ramos 2 points from 24, Adams 6 points from 30. Spurs sack their manager but we are not even allowed a murmur of criticism by some!!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What's the betting that Redknapp immediately starts banging on about what a MASSIVE job it will be to keep spurs up, what with having a quality(although strikerless...) squad and being a whopping 5 points from safety with only 30 games to go. All done on a shoe string budget, too...

Interesting- Ramos 2 points from 24, Adams 6 points from 30. Spurs sack their manager but we are not even allowed a murmur of criticism by some!!

Who's note allowing you a murmur of criticism?

As far as I knew, it was open season on Adams - though his position is perhaps more understandable after taking over at a club with high expectations, no great stadium or available funds for buying international superstars.
He's just having to follow someone who was doing quite well, considering, with the same or worse constraints.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was wondering if Harry would take his coaching/management team with him to Spurs, I can see the Arsenal legend Tony Adams being very popular there!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was wondering if Harry would take his coaching/management team with him to Spurs, I can see the Arsenal legend Tony Adams being very popular there!

He has said on SSN last night that he will not be taking any of the coaching staff or any ex Spurs players.

The 2 I would think that he will look at signing are James and Crouch to get rid of the clown Gomez and get the best out of Bentley. Think that he will bring Huddlestone back into the side and get rid of Zokora.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hahaha the PortScum have lost their Hero, watch as they plummet down the leagues in financial meltdown!!

Poyet to Newcastle and Redknapp to fail in saving Spurs sees them both in the Championship......with Portscum as backup.......WHAT A DREAM :D

TopDogsPFC

Oct 17, 2008
hahaha the PortScum have lost their Hero, watch as they plummet down the leagues in financial meltdown!!

Poyet to Newcastle and Redknapp to fail in saving Spurs sees them both in the Championship......with Portscum as backup.......WHAT A DREAM :D

No chance pal. Pompey will be fine. Stop playing with the big boys and get back to your pathetic club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here