Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramadan ... what's that all about??

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And I thought the depressing, 'we're all f***ed, we're going down / bust' threads were boring.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
OK, I think we'll close this thread now.

I've made my point that religion in general is for sad people and misfits, and that ramadan and lent are ridiculous.

I have also successfully argued that man created god (and therefore religion) and not the other way round.

Us atheists can meanwhile continue with our lives which do not include the inconveniences that those with religious beliefs impose upon themselves.

Unfortunately however we do suffer from the absolute mess that religion has made of the world we live in.

Thank you.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
:shrug: :thud:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
goldstone said:

I have also successfully argued that man created god (and therefore religion) and not the other way round.

:lolol: :lolol: Of course you have.......

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
goldstone said:
OK, I think we'll close this thread now.

I've made my point that religion in general is for sad people and misfits, and that ramadan and lent are ridiculous.

Us atheists can meanwhile continue with our lives which do not include the inconveniences that those with religious beliefs impose upon themselves.

Unfortunately however we do suffer from the absolute mess that religion has made of the world we live in.

Thank you.

Bravo, why do you think you are the fount of all knowledge ? If people choose to worship in their own way just who are you to tell them otherwise ? If ignorance is bliss you must be a very happy man.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
In an effort to simulate serious religious debate rather than the petty name calling JA and Goldstone are resorting to i have some questions.

So for starters for Christians

To enter the kingdom of heaven (or however you formulate it) is it necessary to accept that Jesus was the son of God and was sent to be our saviour.

And for any Muslims

To enter heaven is it necessary to accept that Mohamed was the final prophet of god.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Voroshilov said:
In an effort to simulate serious religious debate rather than the petty name calling JA and Goldstone are resorting to i have some questions.

So for starters for Christians

To enter the kingdom of heaven (or however you formulate it) is it necessary to accept that Jesus was the son of God and was sent to be our saviour.

And for any Muslims

To enter heaven is it necessary to accept that Mohamed was the final prophet of god.

According to their respective followers yes, what's your point ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Goring Gull said:
Isn't it something to do with and Elephant called Ganesh?
Apu: "Mr Homer sir, please do not offer my God a peanut".

:lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Bravo, why do you think you are the fount of all knowledge ? If people choose to worship in their own way just who are you to tell them otherwise ? If ignorance is bliss you must be a very happy man.

Look, I said the thread was closed.

However, thank you for believing that I could be the font of all knowledge (I believe that should be "font" and not "fount" as you suggested), however I must modestly acknowledge that I am not.

And incidentally, I'm not "telling" anyone that they cannot worship if they feel they have to, merely pointing out the futility of the exercise.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
goldstone said:
Look, I said the thread was closed.

However, thank you for believing that I could be the font of all knowledge (I believe that should be "font" and not "fount" as you suggested), however I must modestly acknowledge that I am not.

And incidentally, I'm not "telling" anyone that they cannot worship if they feel they have to, merely pointing out the futility of the exercise.
Actually I think it is 'fount', not 'font' as in 'fountain'

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Christmas: what's the bloody point of that crap? And Easter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
Christmas: what's the bloody point of that crap? And Easter.

Good point well made, we're mostly unbelievers here but I doubt that many will be at work on December 25th.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Look at the dilemma I face, my family are largely Christian, for them Christmas is an extremely important part of their year. I respect their beliefs and send them Christmas cards and buy them presents, however I chose not to buy a tree or decorate my home in the traditional way, I even refer to the Christmas season as the mid-winter holiday. Should I expect them to respect my beliefs and not buy them presents or send cards, at risk of being called scrooge?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here