Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rail: 40 minute delays at Gatwick

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
4 have been mentioned on this thread. I take it it all went a bit tits-up today then.

Words like piss ups and brewery's sprung to mind by the time I left work today. I'm not going to go into detail but certain elements of the railway infrastructure seem to have degree's in incompetence. :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No Alan just nicer beaches and countryside. Don't get so bloody parochial with me. I lived in Brighton for 20 years. The only thing I return for is the football. Look beyond Patcham my football acquaintance.

Well, fair enough - if beaches and countryside is all you're after, Devon and Cornwall are good places to think of - although Dartmoor is a bit on the wild side for me. And if it's city life you're after, I don't suppose you could beat Croydon's suburbs, could you?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Well, fair enough - if beaches and countryside is all you're after, Devon and Cornwall are good places to think of - although Dartmoor is a bit on the wild side for me. And if it's city life you're after, I don't suppose you could beat Croydon's suburbs, could you?

You have now put 'Quo's' 'Wild side of life' in my head my beared acquaintance!

Well I 'appen to agree with that last sentiment even though you are trying to induce a dig with sarcasm.

:love:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It was a cunnnigly disguised dig at Ernest, but you'll do (not you'll do as a geek).

What happened today then BB? FOUR broken down trains? Newhaven Town, Glynde, Wivelsfield, and Norwood Junction? Someone forget to put 50p in the meter?

I happen to know that BB has a brush moustache, smashes plates and does 'Knees up Mother Brown' on a Bouzouki!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Today was a joke and I blame Ernest and British Bulldog in no particular order.

And add Virgos Haircut as well

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The excuse this morning on the 7.48 from Redhill was that the train was coming in late because of "slippery rails in the Three Bridges area"
As we crawled up toward Croydon he apologised for the late running because of "congestion up ahead", this turned into "heavy congestion" just outside East Croydon. On arriving at East Croydon we were informed that a train had broken down in the Norwood Junction area and that therefore the London Bridge train I was on would be going to Victoria which ain't much use when you work by Monument. I eventually got to the office an hour and a half after I normally do completely frazzled and wishing I'd stayed at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here