Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rail: 40 minute delays at Gatwick

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I do like staying on the train on the way home all the way to Brighton knowing that I live in the greatest town in England.

:yahoo:

Nice cosmoploitan and bohemian town that is really quite up its own backside. If I want seaside I do Devon or Cornwall.

:whisky:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It occurs to me that I see all your guys without knowing it on may daily passages.

I spoke to a couple of Brighton fans at Cla'am last Friday. Are you NSC'ers?

Nope, not I. The only NSC-er I have ever met on a train is Deanos Right Foot as he was viewing NSC on his laptop when by total chance I happened to be sat next to him!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Nope, not I. The only NSC-er I have ever met on a train is Deanos Right Foot as he was viewing NSC on his laptop when by total chance I happened to be sat next to him!

I sat next to a guy with exactly the same phone as me. This fact was made more extraordinary when the GOSBTS ringtones rang out and we both reached for our mobiles! His was ringing not mine.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have never met any albion fans on the train

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So who sat opposite you on the way back from the drink-up a couple of years back, or is that a perverse assumption?

I was asleep!!!

hatter

I am too busy learning Haydn's Nelson Mass, Faure's Requiem and Pergelosi's Stabat Major for concerts in Feb and Easter to talk to anyone these days so you are perfectly safe!!!!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
As opposed to Devon or Cornwall towns that are up their own sister's backsides.

No Alan just nicer beaches and countryside. Don't get so bloody parochial with me. I lived in Brighton for 20 years. The only thing I return for is the football. Look beyond Patcham my football acquaintance.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the announcement on my train for its half hour delay was adverse weather conditions and a broken down train outside Glynde

took an hour to get from Eastbourne to Lewes from the scheduled time of departure. Apparently there were no trains to London until 11am

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I got stuck in this today, a train broke down at norwood junction so the bedford trains couldn't get through and had to go via blackfriars, trains terminating at LB were ok but just got caught up in the backlog at EC.
An hour late for work and to top it off a screaming baby in my carriage on the way up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Which website. Southernrailway.com doesn't say that.

National rail website...

Anyway f*** sake a bit of cold and fog and the whole f***ing rail network grinds to a halt.

We are in a temperate climate, Northern hemisphere, we are GUARANTEED to get rain, fog or even snow more than once a year, yet every year as soon as we get it this country grinds to a standstill, with broken down trains or leaves on the line or some such rubbish.

Its a f***ing joke.

7.33 from Brighton to London Bridge was diverted to Victoria due to the broken down train at Norwood. But it was going slowly from Burgess Hill upwards due to signal problems.

f*** SAKE.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It was a cunnnigly disguised dig at Ernest, but you'll do (not you'll do as a geek).

What happened today then BB? FOUR broken down trains? Newhaven Town, Glynde, Wivelsfield, and Norwood Junction? Someone forget to put 50p in the meter?

Where did you get the figure of 4 from Woodchip? there was more than that. I think it's fair to say that today has not been one of the railways better days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here