Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa Benitez Rant

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Made me laugh :)

[tweet]306899132856033281[/tweet]

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Good on Rafa. All very valid points IMO. Whats the point in slating the manager consistently, especially one who is an interim manager and due to leave in a few months. Just pathetic moronic football fans

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Benitez doesn't help himself, does he? I think it's time the Chelsea fans shut the f*** up. Much as i hate Arsenal it would be brilliant to see Chelsea out of the Champions League. Gareth Bale has certainly put the shits up the Gooners and now Rafa too.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Will there be an interim interim-manager?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ironic that an AVB-led Spurs are now above Roman's divided club in the Prem. Massive game for Spurs vs Arsenal this weekend too. It's hotting up in the capital.

Guus Hiddink was brought in as interim manager and it didn't faze him, so what's Benitez's beef?

Difference was he took it on along with his role at the time as coach of Russia, knowing that it was only temporary due to Abramovich not wanting to jepoardise the progress of the national team by taking him away from the job on a full time basis. Was simply a stop gap.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Apart from Gus Poyet obviously. Having already says he wants to be.

You believe that? In an interview about a year ago, Gus stated that the most important thing about joining a club (as manager) was the relationship with the chairman, i.e. trust, mutual respect and a common purpose etc. He obviously has this with Tony Bloom but would he at Chelsea?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Can't see them changing manager again (famous last words) as it would be a lot of hassle for a few games. Hopefully him saying that he's off at the end of the season should shut some of them up. It is silly booing him, it doesn't help.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know the Hiddink circumstances weren't identical but there's no stigma in being an interim manager. I think in Abramovich's eyes RDM was only ever an interim manager too and look what he achieved.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Roman will sell the ground behind everyone's back, CFC will end up ground sharing at gillingham. It could happen.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The way I see it is,

Rafa has came in, hasn't done the best job in the world but he's doing what he can, but from day 1, Chelsea fans have shown nothing but hate. Imagine 40,000 fans chanting the former managers name, calling for your head each week.

Even when Chelsea were scoring 4/5 goals, the chant was always 'one di matteo'

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I always liked Rafa, like him even more now :)

I might have a bit of begrudging resepect for Chelsea fans if they aimed their anger at Abramovich. But they won't will they.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I hope he's still in charge when Chelsea go to Liverpool. Worth watching for the comedy value.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The fat Spanish waiter is a tw@t. Couldn't spot a decent player if his life depended on it. Chelsea fans are a bunch of cheesy helmets. A match made in heaven TBH.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
vicente-image-2-174043040.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here