Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa Benitez Rant

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good on Rafa. All very valid points IMO. Whats the point in slating the manager consistently, especially one who is an interim manager and due to leave in a few months. Just pathetic moronic football fans

Yep. Well said Rafa.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
as much as I don't like Rafa that much, well said him - hardly a coincidence that he fires off a day or after an alleged training ground row with a big named player (not going to guess but pretty sure we all know who this would have been with the 'this team won the CL) - Rafa's right, until a manager gets given real power there and can ship out the older trouble makers, chelsea will just keep being a laughing stock seen as a toy of the owner- at least Rafa also had the balls to say and in effect confirm what everyone else thinks, hasn't taken a big pay off to be gagged and that pretty means he'll be gone asap once RA realises someone has actually stood up to him...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
You believe that? In an interview about a year ago, Gus stated that the most important thing about joining a club (as manager) was the relationship with the chairman, i.e. trust, mutual respect and a common purpose etc. He obviously has this with Tony Bloom but would he at Chelsea?

He has also said that Chelsea is "a club you don't turn down".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I know the Hiddink circumstances weren't identical but there's no stigma in being an interim manager. I think in Abramovich's eyes RDM was only ever an interim manager too and look what he achieved.

Ordinarily, the job title is 'manager', regardless of what's going on behind the scenes. Rafa's beef is that he's been named as 'interim manager'.

Add in continued protests from moronic fans (and rumoured disquiet from players) and he hasn't got a hope. Who would?

You'll note, however, that Roman and the fans avoid any direct conflict/criticism of each other. Funny that.

oleoleolevicente

Jan 16, 2013
Ha. I see what you have tried to do there. Benitez arrived the season after Vicente joined Valencia from Levante. I was referring to Benitez selling Owen to Madrid and getting Antonio Nunez in exchange as well as cash. :ffsparr:

Do you think he wanted to sell Owen? He has also bought Alonso,Torres,Reina,Garcia,Agger,Skrtel,Mascherano so..

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The fans are pathetic, either accept the fact they've become a rich mans plaything and enjoy the success they've had/are having or stop going until the owner leaves, they can't have it both ways.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he axes Benitez then Abramovich's spending on sacked staff since Mourinho left will hit £70million.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I've always liked Rafa and rate him very highly as a manager but seriously, what on earth was going through his mind when he decided to join the club he slated and critized for over half a decade?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Fair play to Rafa. He came in to do a job ( not touting to get it ) and his outburst is aimed at those fans who will just not accept him over Di matteo. Why can he not have a pop at those against him? Should he just take it week after week? As the saying goes ' if you can't take it, don't give it '. His only interest until the end of the season is CFC. I think his past record speaks for itself.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've just heard this 'rant'. What a load of old cobblers that description is. Love him or hate him, he makes a lot of valid points, in a calm, controlled and measured way. Typical tabloid sensationalist spin doctoring.

If that was a rant, then my real name is Greg Bobkin.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've just heard this 'rant'. What a load of old cobblers that description is. Love him or hate him, he makes a lot of valid points, in a calm, controlled and measured way. Typical tabloid sensationalist spin doctoring.

If that was a rant, then my real name is Greg Bobkin.

To be fair Greg, that was my inaccurate description. I had just got out of the gym Wednesday night and as I got in the car he had just started to talk to the reporter on radio 5 live. I posted about it a couple of minutes later, was rather a knee jerk reaction from me, it was more passionate and emotional than a rant.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be fair Greg, that was my inaccurate description. I had just got out of the gym Wednesday night and as I got in the car he had just started to talk to the reporter on radio 5 live. I posted about it a couple of minutes later, was rather a knee jerk reaction from me, it was more passionate and emotional than a rant.

I wasn't specifically getting at you Rowley, more the BBC and other associated media where I've seen it described as a rant, an outburst, shocking, meltdown, whatever. I think it was just him answering questions very directly and honestly. The media feel the need to (incorrectly) dress it up as something it clearly wasn't.

If you want a rant, check out this guy: GOP candidate Phil Davidson, Stark County Treasurer Speech - YouTube

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Do you think he wanted to sell Owen? He has also bought Alonso,Torres,Reina,Garcia,Agger,Skrtel,Mascherano so..

Other flops include Josemi, Morientes, Sissoko, Gonzalez, El Zhar, Voronin, Pennant, Lucas, Babel, Dossena, Ngog, Keane, Riera, Kyrgiakos and Aquilani. He spent 229 million on 76 players at his time at Anfield. Benitez won the EC with a squad that consisted of mostly Houlier's players.

As for Owen his management of Owen's fitness was the same as what he did to Torres. Rushed him back from injury and ran him into the ground. No wonder Owen was looking to run down his contract and leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here