• Yes it's great

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • No - it's a pile of cack

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
What a classic album. Listening to it in the car this morning. Anyone else agree?

What great lyrics:

Karma police, arrest this man
He talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge
He's like a detuned radio

Karma police, arrest this girl
Her Hitler hairdo is
Making me feel ill
And we have crashed her party

This is what you get
This is what you get
This is what you get when you mess with us

Karma Police
I've given all I can
It's not enough
I've given all I can
But we're still on the payroll

This is what you get
This is what you get
This is what you get when you mess with us

And for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself
Phew, for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself

For for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself
Phew, for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No Radiohead are OK but many people go overboard about them.

Oh you must be thick coz you dont understand them.

No its coz they are average at best.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

you're talking out your arse.

The bends is one of the best albums of all times.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Grendel said:
Much as I love Radiohead, and OK Computer, the lyrics for Karma Police are absolute arse.

Exactly, how can you say they are excellent lyrics?

Never been the biggest fan of that kind of music. Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, all that stuff but each to their own. They just don't do it for me.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
king Wombat said:
you're talking out your arse.

The bends is one of the best albums of all times.

Thing is, it's not. Again, I love Radiohead and The Bends is a good album, but that's it. It certainly isn't one of the best albums ever.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I love OK Computer but I definitely think The Bends is their best album and one of my all time favs. Great band and Awesome live.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's a brilliant album. I listened to it a few days ago and opening track Airbag is incredible. Moody, layered, dramatic. There are a few duds on there, but mostly it's f***ing great. They tested themselves. Tried to move forwards. What more can you ask from a band that you like? You see bands have a big first album and they have nowhere to go: their talent is in replicating what was successful before. Like wearing someone else's fingerprints.
Radiohead are different.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Meade's_Ball said:
It's a brilliant album. I listened to it a few days ago and opening track Airbag is incredible. Moody, layered, dramatic. There are a few duds on there, but mostly it's f***ing great. They tested themselves. Tried to move forwards. What more can you ask from a band that you like? You see bands have a big first album and they have nowhere to go: their talent is in replicating what was successful before. Like wearing someone else's fingerprints.
Radiohead are different.

Well said that man.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

the only i will agree with here is the statement that you must be thick cos you don't understand them.
the majority of radiohead fans enjoy their work because they have an appreciation of musical craftsmanship and production value.
there must be a reason that magazines such as q and spin rate ok computer as the best album of all time (which admittedly is a nonsense award) and yet they are not pop by any stretch. you just don't get it. dont take your jealous anger out on those who do.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Never been the biggest fan of that kind of music. Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, all that stuff but each to their own. They just don't do it for me.

and what exactly is 'that kind of music'? one of the reasons radiohead are so awesome is because they often defy genre. and when you do try to label them they just change their style. it's difficult to find two more dissimilar albums than pablo honey and kid a.

Meade's_Ball said:
You can make one at home as long as you use enough mousselini.

:lolol:

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Woody the Seagull said:
FFS can people just accept that others may disagree with their opinion?! not everyone HAS to like radiohead! btw, i love radiohead and i think their best album is kid a (probably get slated for writing that now. ah well:rolleyes: )

what you're inviting there is the 'objectively good music' debate. surely, woody, you agree that the manics are "better" than the cheeky girls.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Tesco in Disguise said:
what you're inviting there is the 'objectively good music' debate. surely, woody, you agree that the manics are "better" than the cheeky girls.

yeah of course i do. things as clear cut as that are obvious, but simply asking someone if they like or don't like something is different to comparing two things. i think it's fair enough not to think THAT highly of OK Computer. sure, it's a good album, but i also think it is overrated

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
perhaps. but lovers of all kinds of music have to admit that ok computer is a fantastic album and should be part of any shortlist for greatest ever album as, by any standards, it is.
i'm not much of a hip-hop fan but recognise that 'it takes a nation of millions...' is a quality piece of work. people who don't recognise ok c are simply missing the point.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
i know how you feel about that. if people just say "it's shit" and don't have anything to back it up with, it is very frustrating. however, if they actually have something to back it up with, i think it should be fair enough to respect their opinion. however, it does seem stupid to slag off OK Computer as it is quality, if a bit overrated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here