Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radiohead? Is it me?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i'm definitely in the pro-Radiohead camp and i think their music keeps getting better.

i love Thom Yorke, but i think Jonny Greenwood is the real driving force behind the band. they have produced a few moments of stunningly beautiful music which often gets ignored because "it's all dreary, suicide music".

anyhoo, it's all opinion and mine's worth no more than yours.*

* i obviously do not really believe that.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
clearly neither of you have a clue what you're talking about. and this is why i won't be discussing music tastes on a message board any further. trying to convince people that theirs is just plain shit is a waste of time.

and what was I trying to convince you of? I was clearly stating my opinion and suggesting an alternative to others.

Personally I love the 2nd Editors album, I reckon its better than the first. Also, I consider them on of my favourite bands but cant stand listening to Interpol.

???

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Get out of your own arse. Who is to say if you are right or they are.

That is the great thing about music, it's whatever turns you on. Hence the fact there are a million and one different style's, not just what Benny Seagull likes. Theres nothing worse than a music bore.

Agreed, there are way too many people around that claim to have some authority to tell people which music is good and which music isn't. Whilst some undoubtedly is shit, it's fair enough that people don't like Radiohead, not exactly 'easy listening' is it?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Get out of your own arse. Who is to say if you are right or they are.

That is the great thing about music, it's whatever turns you on. Hence the fact there are a million and one different style's, not just what Benny Seagull likes. Theres nothing worse than a music bore.

thank you timbo, finally someone with some sense

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Dreary? I find songs such as Airbag, Lucky, 2+2=5, There There and even The Pyramid Song quite uplifting...

....but then again I like The Durutti Column too!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
If you mean dreary as in bleak or depressing then certainly. If you mean it as in boring then I think you're very, very wrong.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
In Rainbows is up there with the best but then I also think Kid A is a musical masterpiece but maybe thats just me.

no it's not just you

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Loved The Bends and OK Computer. They try to move their music forward with each album and I'm not sure that they succeded, for me, after those two. Haven't actually got the new album yet, but will do as the reviews have been v positive. One band I must see live before they pack it in.

Radiohead :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here