Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio (Live) coverage of BHAFC

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
A genuine question...........
which radio station is responsible for broadcasting (in Sussex) live games.
Is it a BBC station or an independent?
If you live in Sussex do you get radio coverage free?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Im listening online with bbc5 extra tonight for a change.

How did you find it? I had both BBC Sussex and 5Extra on at the same time for a short while. Whilst Johnny Cantor was describing the on field action, 5Extra were talking about soddin' cricket for a while before returning to the game.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Sorry but I would like to add to the original post, I am trying to ascertain whether BBC liscence fee payers within Sussex can pick up this game live on air for free? If it's BBC I would expect so?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I know it's on live 5 tonight but, generally it isn't. So on a normal week when you live in Worthing and listen to the radio is it free on Radio Sussex?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Sorry but I would like to add to the original post, I am trying to ascertain whether BBC liscence fee payers within Sussex can pick up this game live on air for free? If it's BBC I would expect so?

If you pay a license fee or not is irrelevant.

Anyone in the sussex area can pick up BBC Radio Sussex on a F.M. radio for free.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So if it is FREE in Sussex why am I forced to pay to listen because I am 200 miles away??? I pay my license fee to BBC, why am I descriminated against? I am sure there are many more 'expats' annoyed at this?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
So if it is FREE in Sussex why am I forced to pay to listen because I am 200 miles away??? I pay my license fee to BBC, why am I descriminated against? I am sure there are many more 'expats' annoyed at this?

Yep I am in same boat.

Get bloody dumbass Hampshire radio and can't get BBC Sussex online.

Is annoying.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Because it's to do with the licence from the FL, (I think)

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Pedantically, The License fee may be used to fund the B.B.C. but it is a Government Tax not a B.B.C. licence fee.Collected by a Government office and the Cost controlled by the Government of the day.
If it were a BBC fee they could dictate the price.

yoda559

Feb 10, 2012
Newmarket

I too am living away from sussex and am awaiting for a reply from BBC complaints about this!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Because you PAY the government a TAX not the BBC a fee.

Hell man I know its a bloody tax but, it's dressed up as a fee for free tv set down in legislation. I know legislation can get pissed on but we can also get pissed off at being ripped off!!!! I feel a lawsuit coming on under legal aid.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I too am living away from sussex and am awaiting for a reply from BBC complaints about this!

I think you'll find that the BBC pay the FL for the license to broadcast live commentary, the restriction on the license means that it can only be broadcast live on BBC local radio. This is the the FL restriction, not the BBC. The FL of course also license the commentary to the firm who run Seagulls Player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here