Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racon interested in permanent deal [Argus]

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Would need to see some consistency from Racon before signing him permanently, he looked quality when I first saw him but he was DIRE the 2nd time.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
just the fact that he is interested is terriffic news, at least the club are attracting players again, its great to see them showing interest in us for a change!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
also interesting from the article:

Chief scout Barry Lloyd will be in Denmark at the weekend, searching for a centre half.

just the fact that he is interested is terriffic news, at least the club are attracting players again, its great to see them showing interest in us for a change!

Seems as though Bazza is having an impact. There were some initial fears when he came back but the man certainly seems to be trying to bring in new faces of a reasonable standard.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I realise this is a comment from afar, but to me, Cox who is probably quite talented, does seem to execute many set pieces with zero results.

His delivery against Southend was ok however against Vale it was WOEFUL (they knew how to deliver a set piece it was embarassing) so he needs to be more consistent because he CAN do it!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
i think racon still got his best form to show us yet and hopefully hes great

but i still think hes a good assat to the team

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Same could be said about Coxy though. He's magic when in form but no use when off form. There's also the disciplinary issue with Coxy that I'm a little worried about.

True, but then again we didn't pay anything for him whereas there is bound to be some sort of fee for Racon.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Racon is class and can't see why Charlton have not used him in the Championship as more than capable at that level. Was off the boil last couple of games but could be due to the fact he had played so few games before coming to us his fitness levels are not as high as the rest of the squad.

Would be quality if we could sign him but Charlton paid 500k for him so at best we would get him as an exchange.

If we have ambition to play in the championship just the type of player we need IMO

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Seems as though Bazza is having an impact. There were some initial fears when he came back but the man certainly seems to be trying to bring in new faces of a reasonable standard.

I dont remember there being initial fears. The concensus amongst those that made adverse comments was that he was/is a great scout but a crap manager.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Racon would be a brilliant addition in the squad, him and Thomson competing for places should make them both stronger too. They cannot play together as it leaves us with no attacking options when on the offensive

Racon has played 3 blinders for us, 1 shocker and 1 average. If we can get him brilliant, but I think we would have to pay near the £400k Charlton paid for him last summer

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm not sure I'd want Racon on current form. He's a good player but the last two games have made me worried that he's a bit of a luxury who plays well when he's interested. I'll probably get slated for saying that but he's not the kind of player who strikes me as capable of being consistent or at least throwing his all at the game when he's off form. I'm not saying he's a bad player but I wouldn't want to lose Cox and I think we can find the sort of midfielder we need in other places.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is refreshing to hear of another loan player who wants to play permanently for the Albion, partly to get regular football but also (presumably) because they like it here, didn't we hear the same noises from Andy Whing last season...he has proven to be an excellent signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here