Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racist booing at England B match?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anyone else listening to this on surround sound? I've got crystal clear booing whenever England's black players (King / Defoe etc.) touch the ball... absolutely disgraceful...

Isn't Burnley a BNP hotbed?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am listening on R5, can't honestly say that I can hear anything other than a bit of background noise, cheering for the goals and the occasional hooter...will have to take your word for it, disgusting if it is true.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
northerers are a bit simple really arn't they !!!

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Jam The Man said:
Anyone else listening to this on surround sound? I've got crystal clear booing whenever England's black players (King / Defoe etc.) touch the ball... absolutely disgraceful...

Haven't heard it myself but only really started paying attention to the sound when I read your posting - they are booing Bentley for being a Blackburn player, that's disgraceful when he's wearing an England shirt - we'd never do that to a Palace player!

mdotw

Aug 20, 2003
I heard it, I too thought it was racist but my son says its every time a Spurs player get the ball so could well be Arsenal fans

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
So, in summary...you have so called supporters booing players who normally play for league teams who are rivals of the one they support...pointless!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Jam The Man said:

Why the f*** are you listening to an England B match? :lolol: That has gone to be reaching the depths of depression :lolol:

Jam The Man said:

You got a dodgy telly mate, either that or you are obsessed with racism.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Jam The Man said:

Burnley does have problems with racism and I've met plenty of people from there who you would not expect to be racist but have very strong views on the subject. However I've only ever found the racist views to be aimed solely at asians rather than black people so I doubt there was anybody booing our black players.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
When we played Burnley and Big mac ended up walking home I noticed a wall we drove past that read "BNP in, send the pakis home" repeated at least 10 times all the way up the wall.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah Burnely has problems with racism unlike we could ever imagine down here. From both sides as well , asians and whites.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Re: Re: Racist booing at England B match?

Rangdo said:
Why the f*** are you listening to an England B match? :lolol: That has gone to be reaching the depths of depression :lolol:

Was there anything better on TV?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Re: Re: Racist booing at England B match?

cannedheat said:
You got a dodgy telly mate, either that or you are obsessed with racism.

yeah you must've missed the bit about SURROUND SOUND mate.. a good system picks up even the smallest fart. Strange that you're so defensive about racism though?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
sir danny cullip said:
When we played Burnley and Big mac ended up walking home I noticed a wall we drove past that read "BNP in, send the pakis home" repeated at least 10 times all the way up the wall.

Be honest though you can find that sort of rubbish in most towns, we all have our idiots. I'll bet there's similar slogans in Farzi about too though.

Re: Re: Re: Racist booing at England B match?

Jam The Man said:
yeah you must've missed the bit about SURROUND SOUND mate.. a good system picks up even the smallest fart. Strange that you're so defensive about racism though?

Big deal you got surround sound, you know why there was booing, but you just wanted to play the racist card because it was Burnley, I see you live in Worthing have you posted anything up about the Mosque firebombing yet.

People tend to go OTT with racism when there is none.

Yoda

English & European
Re: Re: Re: Re: Racist booing at England B match?

cannedheat said:
Big deal you got surround sound, you know why there was booing, but you just wanted to play the racist card because it was Burnley, I see you live in Worthing have you posted anything up about the Mosque firebombing yet.

Is that the one done by the bloke who is a diagnosed nut case?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Re: Re: Re: Re: Racist booing at England B match?

cannedheat said:

People tend to go OTT with racism when there is none.

WTF are you going on about? Why would I... 'just want to play the racist card because it was Burnley'
Utter, utter bollocks!

I must say i find it bizarre to be a white man and be accused of playing the race card!:lolol:

I've been flamed with some crap in my time, but never so irrelevant as the cobblers you are posting. All i did was point out that there was potentially racist booing and that, IMO, it's wrong. It wouldn't matter if it was Burnley, Bromley by Bow, Brixton or Balamory - it'd still be wrong.

If you think it's right, then be it on your own head, and at least give a coherent side of the argument...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Racist booing at England B match?

Jam The Man said:
I must say i find it bizarre to be a white man and be accused of playing the race card!:lolol:

I've been flamed with some crap in my time, but never so irrelevant as the cobblers you are posting. All i did was point out that there was potentially racist booing and that, IMO, it's wrong. It wouldn't matter if it was Burnley, Bromley by Bow, Brixton or Balamory - it'd still be wrong.

If you think it's right, then be it on your own head, and at least give a coherent side of the argument...
Of course you can be white and play the race card. What people are suggesting is that you've heard a few players getting booed and because they are black automatically assumed, with no evidence, that it must be racist.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Racist booing at England B match?

Billy the Fish said:
Of course you can be white and play the race card. What people are suggesting is that you've heard a few players getting booed and because they are black automatically assumed, with no evidence, that it must be racist.

I never said you couldn't be white and play the race card - i just personally found it bizarre on this occasion.

You are right in that i've made an assumption, but the majority of this board makes assumptions on the majority of threads, so i suspect i'm in good company. It was just a personal view of my interpretation of what was placed in front of me.

Yet again NSC falls by the wayside in respecting others' views or opinions. Trouble is most people's honest opinions on here are disregarded or slated. I think a lot of us have lost the ability to respect others views - however wrong we think those views are. I know i'm guilty of it at times, but it's on virtually every thread these days...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here