Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Rachel Reeves to reveal £20bn shortfall left by Conservative Government

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I just like going in feet first on people pretending to be someone they're not (y)
I don’t think anyone would disagree, that’s your persona and bravo, i’d just feel perhaps your not entering into the spirit of forum moderation by being in the thick of all these arguments, what was it yesterday, oh that’s right “she’s as thick as whale spunk” 😂

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
So the BOE have cut interest rates to 5% and The cost of living is subsiding.

So who is going to be brave enough to say that Hunt and Sunak were on the verge of turning around the economy?

The Bank of England bought inflation down by raising interest rates, now that inflation is back within the BofE 2% target they are now able to start bringing them back down. What role do you think Sunak and Hunt had in this?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Reeves is expected to make it explicit that she believes her predecessor deliberately did not act to address the looming spending shortfall. “Jeremy Hunt is going to have a lot of explaining to do,” said one source.

Just going back to the OP and the figure of 20 billion.

Forget (if that's possible for one moment) the crooked contracts given to dodgy companies re PPE etc.

Furlough cost 70 Billion.

That doesn't include the (never to be repaid) loans etc.

Let's hope we don't have another pandemic........

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sorry I will need to point you to Google, to much typing for me to keep short.
Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here