Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rachel Nickell murder.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Or that high ranking officer in Wales who was over zealous on applying the speeding law.Yet the same officer got booked for the very same thing he is preaching, on a couple of occasions.Bloody joke.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
41 yo Robert Napper pleads guilty to manslaughter of 23 yo Rachell Nickell 16 years ago on Wimbledon common. I wonder if any of those Police officer,s that 'fitted' up Colin Stagg will face arrest ? :shrug:

Scarily, I didn't realise until today that Robert Napper murdered two people, raped and beat up two and attacked two more round the corner from where I live in Plumstead :eek:

Thank god I wasn't living here 25 years ago when he struck.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
If ONLY we still had the noose, NONE of this problem would have arisen.

That's irony, right? Trouble is, nuff people think that's so. Like it would deter this sort of crime ...

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The police deserve every bit of criticism they've got on this case. And the scary thing is that it happens time and again. They seem to lack the ability to correctly prioritise evidence and to objectively act on it. Instead, they follow an early 'hunch' and tend to dismiss any subsequent evidence if it doesn't corroborate that hunch.

Scarily, I didn't realise until today that Robert Napper murdered two people, raped and beat up two and attacked two more round the corner from where I live in Plumstead :eek:

Imagine the child life's after seeing his mum butchered

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, the Police have made a mistake, a big one I agree. However how many of their detractors compliment them wen they get it right ? They tend to do that a bit more often. I reckon I've got more reason than most to have an axe to grind with the Police thanks to a couple of tossers but there are such people in all walks and that sadly is just part of life.

I wouldn't ever want to do their job hence I don't tend to complain about them.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk

I was, thought it was more like late 80's early 90's? I lived in Plumstead from 87-94. My old man used to be a vicar there and as I can't honeslty remember any of the incidents I reckon the parents did a good job of keeping scary news from our door!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Okay, the Police have made a mistake, a big one I agree. However how many of their detractors compliment them wen they get it right ? They tend to do that a bit more often. I reckon I've got more reason than most to have an axe to grind with the Police thanks to a couple of tossers but there are such people in all walks and that sadly is just part of life.

having been a Prison officer for 10 years and spent some of that time working at the Scrubbs and Chelmsford the little respect I ever had for the British police went the first time I was in charge of a police visit and they spent the first minute threatening the guy until I stepped in and threw them out.
Unfortunately this happens to often the police spend a lot of time assuming things that are not there (point in case is Stagg studied new age and occult this therefor makes him a nutter) rather than sticking to the actual bare facts.

another thing you might like to try yourselves if you know a police officer ask him/her if they know any "bent" coppers invariably they will say they know "of" one...........................then ask them why they have not arrested him/her........................this normally brings an air of silence to the conversation.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Watching that Stagg documentary last night, the police behaviour was unbelievable. Some fit bird undercover officer who he clearly fancied basically said to him if you say you did it, you can sleep with me. And even then he denied it, and she stormed off. And that weasel of a profiler, who was still not accepting any blame for cocking it all up.

I thought this sort of thing stopped after the pub 'bombers' in the early 70s, and yet more than 20 years later it was still going on. Same situation every time, Barry George as well - when the police stop following the evidence, and start trying to make it fit a suspect, it all goes tits up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
having been a Prison officer for 10 years and spent some of that time working at the Scrubbs and Chelmsford the little respect I ever had for the British police went the first time I was in charge of a police visit and they spent the first minute threatening the guy until I stepped in and threw them out.
Unfortunately this happens to often the police spend a lot of time assuming things that are not there (point in case is Stagg studied new age and occult this therefor makes him a nutter) rather than sticking to the actual bare facts.

another thing you might like to try yourselves if you know a police officer ask him/her if they know any "bent" coppers invariably they will say they know "of" one...........................then ask them why they have not arrested him/her........................this normally brings an air of silence to the conversation.

Believe me I have no argument with you there, I wouldn't dispute what you're saying but I just don't believe that all Police officers are inherintly bent. As I say there are some bad ones but that type of person is everywhere, as the Police have 'The Law on their side' they can do more harm. However, where do you start with that ? Divorce Lawyers ? Social Workers ? MPs ? The list is endless.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Not the first time though is it? Mendes shooting? Guildford 4? Birmingham 6? just to name a few.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not the first time though is it? Mendes shooting? Guildford 4? Birmingham 6? just to name a few.

Of course it's not but how many times have they got it right as against wrong ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Of course it's not but how many times have they got it right as against wrong ?

It's not the point though is it? so lets say out of a 1000 people convicted,one gets a hefty jail term because the police suspect it was him/her but can't prove it so they tamper with evidence or frame them?
There's been plenty of times down in history where the police have tampered with evidence.The poor fucker who has been convicted wrongly cannot undo all those years banged up.That would send anyone over the edge forever.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I knew a copper involved in the Russelll Bishop case and said to him, ''what are you going to do now, now that he has been aquitted''. I remember the silly smug look on his face when he told me that they would not be looking for anyone else in connection with the crimes. I told him that if that was the case then they had f***ed up big time and were letting a looney back out on the streets because of their incompetance. Very nearly ended with us coming to blows.

Shame they couldn`t do that job properly and save the next attack.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That BBC programme last night was frightening. The police came out of it looking just awful, while Colin Stagg seemed like a pretty normal bloke.

I found the extent to which they relied on the psychologist worrying and the elaborate 'sting' with the WPC incredible.

£704,00 sounds like a lot of money but given the choice I would rather had my last 15 years than his with the pot of cash at the end.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not the point though is it? so lets say out of a 1000 people convicted,one gets a hefty jail term because the police suspect it was him/her but can't prove it so they tamper with evidence or frame them?
There's been plenty of times down in history where the police have tampered with evidence.The poor fucker who has been convicted wrongly cannot undo all those years banged up.That would send anyone over the edge forever.
Perfectly correct.

The police are EXPECTED to do their jobs properly, and review things when things go wrong. However, what we seem to get instead is the same outrageous f*** ups, no accountability and the same problems resurfacing year on year.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The death sentance would do nothing to deter mentally unbalanced people. they fail to see any consequence to their actions - hence why they do it in the first place. And this could have very nearly ended up with the wrong man being put to death.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It seems the main mistake the police made was using the psychologists profiling to lead them down avenues of enquiry they might not otherwise have taken, ultimately leading to Stagg's detention.

If the police have learned that lesson then some good will have come out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here