Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rachel Nickell murder.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
41 yo Robert Napper pleads guilty to manslaughter of 23 yo Rachell Nickell 16 years ago on Wimbledon common. I wonder if any of those Police officer,s that 'fitted' up Colin Stagg will face arrest ? :shrug:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I doubt it.

Police don't get arrested even if they order 9 bullets to be put through the head of innocent guys on the underground, so I can't see this causing much of a commotion.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Apoligising massively at the moment to Stagg.

they should be begging forgiveness from the family of the girl and her 4 year old baby that Napper killed after he killed Nickell and was not seen after a neighbour bubbled him and he did'nt turn up for a DNA test twice.

is it any wonder nobody has any faith left in them?

If I remember rightly, even when Colin Stagg was released there were people who were whispering that he'd really done it, and had only got off because of a "technicality" (ie dodgy police evidence).

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
41 yo Robert Napper pleads guilty to manslaughter of 23 yo Rachell Nickell 16 years ago on Wimbledon common. I wonder if any of those Police officer,s that 'fitted' up Colin Stagg will face arrest ? :shrug:

It wasnt just the police that were accused. If you knew anything about the case you would be aware that Paul Britton an eminent psychologist and pioneer of offender profiling was struck of by the BPS for his role in the investigation.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Lord B and Kaiser,did'nt the Police even go as far to say that at the collaspe of the trial they were not looking for anyone else ? (Stagg was their man)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
whispered ? it was shouted from the rooftops.
I have a mate who was mates with a few coppers from Kingson nick and he was adamant that Stagg had done it because his mates said so. :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to phone him up tonight and ask him what he thinks of his mates now.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Lord B and Kaiser,did'nt the Police even go as far to say that at the collaspe of the trial they were not looking for anyone else ? (Stagg was their man)

Well to be fair, they did carry on the investigation and they did (seemingly) get the right man in the end.

When looking at it though it's hard to understand how they couldn't link the cases of young mothers attacked in front of their children. The guy had the most unique M.O. and they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stagg was, and is, a bit of a weirdo. Thats largely why he ended up being convicted.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, the other thing to bear in mind is that whilst Napper has admitted doing it he might not have done. Bearing mind he's of 'Diminished Responsibility' he may not have done it at all so I wouldn't be too hasty to have a go at the Police just yet. Napper won't be the first person to have confessed to something he didn't do. Napper is already banged up and frankly has nothing to lose.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well to be fair, they did carry on the investigation and they did (seemingly) get the right man in the end.

When looking at it though it's hard to understand how they couldn't link the cases of young mothers attacked in front of their children. The guy had the most unique M.O. and they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

seemly the original investigating team didn't carry it on...the cold case people looked at it twice and couldnt make two and two fit, it was only when this other bloke was done, then they thought to ask him and he "confessed" to her manslaughter.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes, the other thing to bear in mind is that whilst Napper has admitted doing it he might not have done. Bearing mind he's of 'Diminished Responsibility' he may not have done it at all so I wouldn't be too hasty to have a go at the Police just yet. Napper won't be the first person to have confessed to something he didn't do. Napper is already banged up and frankly has nothing to lose.

they found DNA evidence that proved inequivacable

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They found a small spot of DNA which was dismissed at the time. I'm not saying he didn't do it but I think it's far too easy to jump on the Police.

yes and the lab was serverely critisised and people moved to other duties and they have had to refer other cases to a new lab that appears to be better at doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here