Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting smoking

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Croydonbloke said:

I bet the majority of people who smoke on here started because their mates smoked and did it to look cool.

The sad thing is that i agree with you i did start for that pathetic reason,
Cheers for all the support guys, not lookin forward to tommorow - if you see me smoking in Burnley you have permission to punch me :lolol:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
surrey jim said:
The sad thing is that i agree with you i did start for that pathetic reason,
Cheers for all the support guys, not lookin forward to tommorow - if you see me smoking in Burnley you have permission to punch me :lolol:

you'll be fine fella - just keep remembering the reasons your doing it!;)

also, what worked for me was actually having a pack of UNOPENED fags with me, or in the car - that way i didn't feel like i was starving myself as they were always there!!
and also i kept saying to myself that when i wanted one i would say "i'll just skip this one and have it later, and keep that going for the next, and next one etc.

hope any of this may help!
;)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've now been off the fags for 10 months after 32 years of smoking. I had patches for about a month, but the thing i found was that i had to keep giving up. Over the last 5 years i must have tried a dozen times and lasted 30 mins to 10 days.

I found it does get easier if you keep trying. Also having kids is a great help - although that does rather negate the financial savings :shootself

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WATFORD zero said:
I've now been off the fags for 10 months after 32 years of smoking. I had patches for about a month, but the thing i found was that i had to keep giving up. Over the last 5 years i must have tried a dozen times and lasted 30 mins to 10 days.

I found it does get easier if you keep trying. Also having kids is a great help - although that does rather negate the financial savings :shootself

Are you feeling alright twatty? This post is actually sensible.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
surrey jim said:
Can anyone help me quit the cigs? ive tried hypnosis, patches and gum nothing seems to work.

any advice from an ex smoker is very welcome

Give up smoking by sticking one cigarette from each new pack up a fat friend's arse, filter first, then replacing it in the box. The possibility of putting that one in your mouth will put you off smoking any of them :thumbsup:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
hans kraay fan club said:
Are you feeling alright twatty? This post is actually sensible.

WRONG wATFORD MY FRIEND.....I THINK AN APOLOGY IS DUE........

(excuse caps, i had it on for some reason, but then noticed so thought id apologise for writting in caps, as i couldn't be bothered to delete what i had written and type it all again!;) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here