Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quitting smoking

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
i smoke 20ish a day and have done so for 5years i think burnley will be hard as i smoke most going to fotball (driving and ub etc.) if i can survive that i can survive anything :)

hooker

Feb 26, 2004
Were the inbreeds live.
I gave up for 4 months when I was out in New Zealand. Its a lot easier to do we your doing sport were you feel the difference.
The sad thing is that I'm smoking again but iv got my reasons. I intend to give up again when my situation is changes.
Good Luck.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
surrey jim said:
Can anyone help me quit the cigs? ive tried hypnosis, patches and gum nothing seems to work.

any advice from an ex smoker is very welcome

Get very very drunk ... then try a smoke a cigar as soon as you wake up. worked for me ..:sick:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
good luck Jim -

i smoked about 20 malboro a day for 8 years - then 5 weeks ago, the day after the Crewe game, i gave up, cold turkey. this was after seeing my Aunt in a late stage of cancer (RIP:() and it put me off immediately.

i nearly buckled under the pressure at Leeds last week when i was shit faced and trying to play pool, but after taking 3 puffs i felt sick and put it out and havent looked back.

Still get cravings but i wanna be as healthy as possible for my little girl, and the missus.

I feel so much better when doing CV work at the gym, and i can even walk up all the 10 steps at work without stopping for breathe!!

replace fag breaks with fruit breaks!!
:clap:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I found that the first habit to get out of was buying ciggies in the first place. Cold turkey seems to be working out for me.

The last thing I smoked was a cigar when my neice was born in June.

It probably helpful that my flatmate quit about the same time as me - although there was no agreement to both of us quit, I'd seriously cut back just prior to him.

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
I've been "clean" for seven weeks today after smoking 30-a-day for about 15 years.
I think I've finally cracked it but it has taken seven or eight "dry runs" during which I've lasted between two hours and a fortnight.
Every time you try and give up it will get easier, so don't give up giving up.
This time I have found it surprisingly easy. Avoid going to the boozer if you can, at least until you've got a good few weeks under your belt.
I was on the patches for a fortnight and they do really take the edge off the cravings.
Feel much healthier, if a little fatter. Got to the stage now where I hardly even think about fags.

Good luck

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Don`t start smoking in the first place and you wouldn`t have to go thrugh the Hell of giving up. Disgusting habit and it should be banned. Are we born wuith a fag in our mouths and is and is it natural `No` SO WHY START IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I bet the majority of people who smoke on here started because their mates smoked and did it to look cool.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I smoked 30 a day up until March 2004, SJ, and not had a ciggie since. I just stopped. Had patches for a couple of weeks, couldn'r cope with the - excuse pun - fag of putting them on and did it without anything from then on. Good luck old chap, hope you make it :clap2:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brighton till i die said:
stupid comment in the first place as we already know its f***ing bad for you and we are trying to STOP!:jester:
What i`m saying is, why try it in the 1st place if you know it`s not good for you, then you wouldn`t put yourself through the pain and torture of giving up and becoming irritable and snappy.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
i am NOT SNAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
I bet you`re all :angry: :angry: and fingers and thumbs and in search for something to replace your everyday habit.

Last edited:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Croydonbloke said:
I bet you`re all :angry: :angry: and fingers and thumbs and in search for something to replace your everyday habit.

i have become slightly irratible on some occassions which is unlike me!:angel:

i really do wanna stop now as i feel like shit after smoking - whenever i want one now i just think ahead 5 minutes to when i would be stubbing it out, with yellow fingers and sticnking hair breath clothes etc.

:drink:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
i have become slightly irratible on some occassions which is unlike me!:angel:

i really do wanna stop now as i feel like shit after smoking - whenever i want one now i just think ahead 5 minutes to when i would be stubbing it out, with yellow fingers and sticnking hair breath clothes etc.

:drink:
On a serious note good luck and hope you make it. I hate the habit and can never understand it.

The later part of your post makes you sound like some back street guy.:D

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Croydonbloke said:
On a serious note good luck and hope you make it. I hate the habit and can never understand it.

The later part of your post makes you sound like some back street guy.:D

:lolol: thats exactly why i dont ever wanna start again!!

fingers crossed its just apple and banana breaks for me from now on!!
:lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
:lolol: thats exactly why i dont ever wanna start again!!

fingers crossed its just apple and banana breaks for me from now on!!
:lolol:
So do you have to stand outside eating a Banana?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Croydonbloke said:

The thing is, Croydon, I was like you once, just couldn't understand why people smoked. And then I started as a student and loved every minute of it. It was bliss. Despite being a disgusting, dirty, smelly habit that killed you, I absolutely loved it, the lug, the feeling of inhaling, the slight head rush, the social element to it, I made some good friends through smoking.

BUT, I'm bloody glad I gave up now, cos I finally realised what it was doing to me. 18 months and counting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here