Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queues up Queens Road!

With scenes not seen since the play-off tickets went on sale, replica shirt hysteria has obviously gripped Albion fans today.

I walked past the club shop at 7:50 this morning and there was a line of people from the front door all the way down to Air Street. Bear in mind the shop doesn't even open 'til 9:00.

With the reported number of shirts coming in this morning being just 500, and a good percentage of that figure being swallowed up by advance sales, my advice would be not to bother making the trip today.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You'd think they'd get more than 500 in!

Oh well, may have to wait another month or so before they get some more in! :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's because the shirts are fecking class, unless you're a died in the wool traditionalist when they are the devil's spawn :lol:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Buzza said:
You'd think they'd get more than 500 in!

Oh well, may have to wait another month or so before they get some more in! :(

Probably scared to get more just in case sold badly.. much better to serve pent up demand and also dont then have to lay out much needed cash

Judging by the queues, up the hill , down the car park to the seafront, round the car park twice, out of the car park and up Woodingdean! and also up and around the back roads at Queens Road the whole 31000 will go TODAY !.

There must be several thousand queueing and if everyone gets 5 shirts on average thats the lot gone.

I will leave my mate at Queens Road at 10.00am to go back and join him at 12.

I know someone who started queueing at 7.45 and he is still not near the counter.

Firstly why didn't season ticket holders get first go, say 1 day for season ticket holders to claim first and then the others. There has been no priority for the 4000-5000 people who have sat in the pouring rain for 5 years at Withdean to the glory seekers whose first game for 5 years will be at Reading and why have the first selling day on a Friday?

I would have thought priority would have gone to the die hards first.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
Judging by the queues, up the hill , down the car park to the seafront, round the car park twice, out of the car park and up Woodingdean! and also up and around the back roads at Queens Road the whole 31000 will go TODAY !.

There must be several thousand queueing and if everyone gets 5 shirts on average thats the lot gone.

I will leave my mate at Queens Road at 10.00am to go back and join him at 12.

I know someone who started queueing at 7.45 and he is still not near the counter.

Firstly why did season ticket holders get first go, say 1 day for season ticket holders to claim first and then other. There has been no priority for the 4000-5000 people who have sat in the pouring rain for 5 years at Withdean to the glory seekers whose first game for 5 years will be at Reading and why have the first selling day on a Friday?

I would have thought priority would have gone to the die hards first.

Is it true that the Middle sizes have gone already? :lol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
i hate that season ticket elitist opinion!!! :censored:

I live in Leeds and unfortunately I cannot get to many games at home! If I lived in Brighton then yes! But if I was in brighton the day the shirts are released are you then sayin, " I appreciate you are a Seagulls fan and that you live in Leeds, "BUT I" am a season ticket holder so get to the BACK!!!

FUCKIN BOLLOCKS!!! If someone wants a shirt regardless of how many games they go to let em have one, it's all money for the club!!

:censored:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Northstander said:

I live in Leeds and unfortunately I cannot get to many games at home! If I lived in Brighton then yes! But if I was in brighton the day the shirts are released are you then sayin, " I appreciate you are a Seagulls fan and that you live in Leeds, "BUT I" am a season ticket holder so get to the BACK!!!

FUCKIN BOLLOCKS!!! If someone wants a shirt regardless of how many games they go to let em have one, it's all money for the club!!

Northstander, Lord B's comments are tongue-in-cheek! It's a piss take of the mass hysteria that hit this board on the day Play-off final tickets went on sale! :)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
So can the AMS members have a day to buy them after the season ticket holders? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Northstander said:

Marvellous :lolol:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Safeway said:
With scenes not seen since the play-off tickets went on sale, replica shirt hysteria has obviously gripped Albion fans today.

I walked past the club shop at 7:50 this morning and there was a line of people from the front door all the way down to Air Street. Bear in mind the shop doesn't even open 'til 9:00.

With the reported number of shirts coming in this morning being just 500, and a good percentage of that figure being swallowed up by advance sales, my advice would be not to bother making the trip today.

you'll be giving us betting tips next

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Other option:

1. Go to sports shop and buy new Leeds Utd shirt. Cost £25

2. Take a trip to B&Q and buy some light blue, white, and black paint. Est. Cost £5

3. Unpick Leeds badge from front of shirt.

4. Paint stripes (down not across) in light blue on shirt on front and back.

5. Paint small black seagull on chest of shirt.

6. Paint the word Skint in white paint below the seagull (note spelling of Skint - its not Shkint).

7. Number and letters on the back are optional.

8. Hang out shirt to dry for six hours.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Buzza said:
Northstander, Lord B's comments are tongue-in-cheek! It's a piss take of the mass hysteria that hit this board on the day Play-off final tickets went on sale! :)

OH! :dunce: :shootself

I give my full apologies for my rant of the day!!

:wave:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Northstander said:

:clap: :clap: hear hear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here