Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions you'd like answered, but have no reason for asking.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If the harbour arms at Brighton Marina were linked together,and the whole Marina concreted in and reclaimed from the sea,wouldn't it have been a superb setting for a new football stadium for the famous local football club?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What does Katie Price actually do ?

When you blow on your hand your breath is cold but if you huff its warm - why?
Velocity - like hanging you hand out the window of a moving car.

Why do my 4 year old's fingers smell of marmite when there's no marmite in the house?

Anal gland - theyve been scratching their sphincter.

Why can you buy Pepsi and all manner of soft drinks in those big plastic bottles but not beer?

You can.

Why do supermarkets hide Jaffa cakes in the biscuit isle?

Because the average supermarket dweller is to stupid to know they are a cake.

Why do you wear a pair of trousers, and not a trouser? surely you only wear one?

If you only had one leg it would be a trouser.

If you put hot coffee in a flask it will keep it hot and if you put cold friut juice in it it will keep it cold.

Once you seal it it creates a vacuum and mantains its state.

why, when my doorbell goes, does my dog always think its for him

Probably the same reason it licks it own arse prior to kissing you.

When you lose you keys/mobile, Why are they always in the last place you look ?

Because when you find htem it was the last place you looked

was orange a colour before oranges were discovered

Yes in the same way Australia was still the largest island before it was discovered.

If I drank a kilo in weight of water, why if jumped on the scales don't I put on a kilo in weight?

You do

So what about pubic hair then? whats that for?

Stopping sweat running into your...............never mind.

Does the pope shit in the woods?

No you are thinking of a bear

HTH

HCQ

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Velocity - like hanging you hand out the window of a moving car.

Anal gland - theyve been scratching their sphincter.

You can.

Because the average supermarket dweller is to stupid to know they are a cake.

If you only had one leg it would be a trouser.

Once you seal it it creates a vacuum and mantains its state.

Probably the same reason it licks it own arse prior to kissing you.

Because when you find htem it was the last place you looked

Yes in the same way Australia was still the largest island before it was discovered.

You do

Stopping sweat running into your...............never mind.

No you are thinking of a bear

HTH

HCQ

f*** me, got a know it all here.........:bla::bla:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

that is the venturi effect my friend.

Think of it as if you release compressed gas from a aerosol can through a small nozzle it is always cold. There are warnings on fire extinguishers not to touch the nozzles because they freeze up and your pinkys will stick to them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where is the other £1?

Three flatmates walk into a shop to buy a telly previously advertised for £30. They each hand the assistant £10. The assistant knows the price has been dropped to £25 but doesn't tell the flatmates. Instead, he strikes a deal and gives each of them back £1 and keeps £2 for himself. Each Flatmate has therefore paid only £9 (£10 less the £1 given back). 3 x 9 = 27 plus the £2 the assistant pocketed = £29. Where is the missing £1?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

f*** me, got a know it all here.........:bla::bla:

not that f***ing clever. Firstly it does not create a vacuum. That is attempted in manufacture, between the outer and inner containers. This is still not a perfect vacuum, which is incredibly hard to achieve. If such a one was achieved this would contain zero atoms which in turn would eliminate any heat transfer to conduction and convection. Radiation is limited due to the silver reflective surface. This then works in which ever way round the conditions exist. A perfect vacuum and perfect reflective material would result in the fluid not changing its temperature at all. so there :salute:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
not that f***ing clever. Firstly it does not create a vacuum. That is attempted in manufacture, between the outer and inner containers. This is still not a perfect vacuum, which is incredibly hard to achieve. If such a one was achieved this would contain zero atoms which in turn would eliminate any heat transfer to conduction and convection. Radiation is limited due to the silver reflective surface. This then works in which ever way round the conditions exist. A perfect vacuum and perfect reflective material would result in the fluid not changing its temperature at all. so there :salute:

even if you had a perfect vacuum wouldn't there still be conduction where the outer container is attached to the inner container at the neck of the flask?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
even if you had a perfect vacuum wouldn't there still be conduction where the outer container is attached to the inner container at the neck of the flask?

You are correct that is why I said its very hard to achieve but the principle if you like is what is used. With a basic Thermos flask it achieves somewhere near its objective, but as we all know the fluid still goes cold/warms in time thus showing its not fully achieved.

Plus on the £1 you are using totals combined with additions and subtractions in such terminology that it becomes confusing. Simple 30-1-1-1=27 pocket 2 = 25 the cost of the tv. if the flat mates had only given 9 each and 2 was pocketed then again only 25 for the tv. An old but good one.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why is the Isle of Wright only the smallest county for half the year?

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Where is the other £1?

Three flatmates walk into a shop to buy a telly previously advertised for £30. They each hand the assistant £10. The assistant knows the price has been dropped to £25 but doesn't tell the flatmates. Instead, he strikes a deal and gives each of them back £1 and keeps £2 for himself. Each Flatmate has therefore paid only £9 (£10 less the £1 given back). 3 x 9 = 27 plus the £2 the assistant pocketed = £29. Where is the missing £1?

It fell down the back of the telly. Mike Skinner managed to write a whole album about it (but exaggerated the amount)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here