Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions to the "Hawkins is shit" mob

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So the fella has had a shocker. Maybe the latest in a series of shockers, so a few quick questions for you...

1. Do you believe he goes out and gives 100%?

2. Do you believe he is pissed off when he fucks up, particularly if the error leads to a goal?

3. If you were Colin Hawkins and you were picked in the starting 11 for Brighton & Hove Albion would you pull on the stripes and play?

4. If Colin Hawkins is not up to the task, isn't it the fault of the manager as he is consistently picking Hawkins?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
In response to question number 2, yes; from the highlights you can see how disappointed he was with the own goal and looked downheartened

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
1) yes
2) yes, he must be very pissed off at the moment due to f*** ups every week
3) I would ask the manager to see sense
4) HELL YES.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, I think the reason he gets so much abuse on here is because people don't feel he should be playing. The more they slate him, the more emphasis is put on this.

He isn't shit, but I think we do have better options at centre back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
for 4, actaully i think that is the consensus.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
If Adam Virgo wasn't at the club, do you think they'd still be saying the same thing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Truth is the situation is always the same, the stick is not really being aimed at the player, it's really a cry to the manager to say, "Why can't you see what we can see?"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A lot of us were seeing it in the lazy Glenn Murray too of course, and look how shit he turned out to be.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think a few have hit it spot on.

Hawkins has been poor for a number of weeks now and has been a fault for a number of goals.

But i agree that the frustration is at Adams for continually picking Hawkins when it is clear he shouldn't be playing. I admit i cheered when hawkins came off yesterday and kinda regretted it as i know for well it wouldn't have helped. But was so frustrated yet again that poor performances are still rewarded with a place in the starting 11 the next week.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It is ALL about option 4 Bozza,

It is so unbelievably obvious, from the Northampton game away that he wasnt fit, yet he was picked, he was at fault for a goal in that, and a goal in the next 3 games, yet he was still picked, even though he could hardly, walk, jump or kick a ball 20 yards.

He had been playing well until yesterday, and even yesterday he played pretty well until for some unkown reason under no pressure he decided to smash a header in the bottom corner, and was at fault for the 3rd goal too.

He is not a bad player, he has just been out of fault for some goals, but because of Adams "keep the shirt" policy (that only exists for Hakwins and Virg) Hawkins is being played when in reality we have a wealth of centre backs that can do a job at the back instead of him

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
So the fella has had a shocker. Maybe the latest in a series of shockers, so a few quick questions for you...

2. Do you believe he is pissed off when he fucks up, particularly if the error leads to a goal?

3. If you were Colin Hawkins and you were picked in the starting 11 for Brighton & Hove Albion would you pull on the stripes and play?

4. If Colin Hawkins is not up to the task, isn't it the fault of the manager as he is consistently picking Hawkins?

I complete agree with you mate. Slagging off Hawkins is out of order, it is Micky that deserves the abuse. He is ruining Hawkins' morale by rushing him back into the team unfit, and he is ruining Virgo's morale by endlessly shoe-horning him into utterly unsuitable positions. Micky is to blame, not Colin.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Maybe putting him on Ebay might do the trick, worked well for Tank did it not ?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

1) I am convinced he does give 100%.
2) Yes.
3) I guess so.
4) Yes.

And your point being?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You clearly don't understand the rules of NSC, it's Hawkins turn to be ridiculed, do keep up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here