Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions for Dick Knight on SCR

E

enigma

TGC- I was not knowcking you at all- I think you have done a great job and I take my hat off to you. I was not referring to your first argument, just the one with Uncle Buck.

I would be similarly pissed off, and that was the point I was making really. Other people might be more mellow about it, but I think you have every right to be annoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

enigma said:
TGC- I was not knowcking you at all- I think you have done a great job and I take my hat off to you. I was not referring to your first argument, just the one with Uncle Buck.

I would be similarly pissed off, and that was the point I was making really. Other people might be more mellow about it, but I think you have every right to be annoyed.

Sorry - wasn't a dig at you. Just a certain someone is now on my ignore list so I couldn't quote them! :blush:

E

enigma

The Great Cornholio said:
Sorry - wasn't a dig at you. Just a certain someone is now on my ignore list so I couldn't quote them! :blush:

No worries.... As I said, I think your reaction was perfectly justified.
:)

Uncle Buck said:
TV footage surely still falls under copyright law?

I'm afraid curiosity got the better of me. To finally put this pathetic episode to bed - I have had email discussions with the club and they have an agreement with the TV companies about using their coverage for videos and DVD's and, whilst not being able to grant copyright permission, had no objections.

Any more scurrilous insinuations you'd like putting to bed?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Get your facts right - twat. I "Jumped down the throat" of someone who wanted to call him and the manager a liar.

Be careful you don't fall off your high horse.

If I want to put forward a question, loaded or un-loaded, when invited to do so I will.

You seem to think you're way above your station from the way you prattle on from on high about your obvious connections, DVD's and donations, but your poor choice of language and accusatory manner reveal that there is something seriously lacking in your make-up, as you try to put down people with a viewpoint, which you find unpalletable when it is at odds with that of your self-rightious self.

Bromley shrimp said:
If I want to put forward a question, loaded or un-loaded, when invited to do so I will.

You seem to think you're way above your station from the way you prattle on from on high about your obvious connections, DVD's and donations, but your poor choice of language and accusatory manner reveal that there is something seriously lacking in your make-up, as you try to put down people with a viewpoint, which you find unpalletable when it is at odds with that of your self-rightious self.

Thanks Doctor - and well done for completely missing the point. Once again, I reiterate - your question implies that you believe that Dick Knight and Mark McGhee are lying as you don't accept their explaination. Correct or not?

BTW - I have no "connections" and only raised the subject of DVD's after very severe allegations were implied - completely irrelevant to this discussion. Also, at no stage did I tell you what you could and couldn't ask - in fact, I said you are free to ask whatever the hell you want. But I also felt, and still feel, that you should put a real name to a question like that if you are going to accuse the man of lying. And I would be amazed if Ian read that question out verbatim anyway.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
blockhseagull said:
Question is.... who else was interested in McShane or Henderson this season...if no one probably why they came here

Took an Old Trafford tour last year and the bloke (45 years a supporter) showing us around the stadium asked me if he was playing up front due to the no. of times hed seen him on the score sheet, so I'm sure people higher up the chain of command at Man U are also taking a keen interest.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Thanks Doctor - and well done for completely missing the point. Once again, I reiterate - your question implies that you believe that Dick Knight and Mark McGhee are lying as you don't accept their explaination. Correct or not?

BTW - I have no "connections" and only raised the subject of DVD's after very severe allegations were implied - completely irrelevant to this discussion. Also, at no stage did I tell you what you could and couldn't ask - in fact, I said you are free to ask whatever the hell you want. But I also felt, and still feel, that you should put a real name to a question like that if you are going to accuse the man of lying. And I would be amazed if Ian read that question out verbatim anyway.

I don't accept that between them they've done enough to secure the services of a decent striker since Jan 1st. It's not as tho' it's up for debate how desperate we are for one. If that makes me a liar in your eyes, then have it your own way.

I went on Harty's prog once to take issue with him after a mid week away game up north (he phoned me), about something he'd said on the previous Saturday show, but I think you'll find he agrees with my sentiment on this one, so we'll have to wait and see how he couches it.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
B.W. said:
How about...

Is there any indication of when the JR will take place?...

Are we still looking for a striker in the loan market?...

If we do go down, as seems likely, are we in a position to retain our best players?...

Are you still actively seeeking fresh investment into the club, and have any approaches been made by potential investors that you have turned down... if so, for what reason?...

The best set of questions so far.:bowdown:

Bromley shrimp said:
I don't accept that between them they've done enough to secure the services of a decent striker since Jan 1st. It's not as tho' it's up for debate how desperate we are for one. If that makes me a liar in your eyes, then have it your own way.

I went on Harty's prog once to take issue with him after a mid week away game up north (he phoned me), about something he'd said on the previous Saturday show, but I think you'll find he agrees with my sentiment on this one, so we'll have to wait and see how he couches it.

He may well agree with the sentiment - I think we all want to know why we haven't signed a striker. But I still maintain that your question, as worded, accuses them both of lying as it disallows as an answer, the answers they have both given. We will have to a agree to disagree on this. But I take exception to your claim that I have told you what you can and can't say. And I'd be intrigued to know what your reaction would be if someone implied that you had embezzled £2500. (Baiting or not, that was the implication)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd like somebody to clear up what happened with the signing of El Turi, who's idea was it and on whose advice.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whilst we all understand the financial burdens of the club, does Dick not think that it would be sensible to offer different prices for season tickets depending on what division we're in next season? I feel the same as last year, and two years before that, that a lot of season ticket holders feel pressured into renewing because of the pricing structure for renewals, when they might otherwise have relinquished their ticket. This is probably adding to the number of moaners at Withdean, because they start thinking they're not being given a fair choice.

Our season ticket renewals go out ridiculously early, but in order to afford them, many of us have no choice but to renew when there's still a great deal of the current season to go and when we're recovering from Christmas over-indulgence and planning summer holidays. This makes the decision a difficult one every year and adds to resentment when things aren't going well.

Uncle Buck said:
Blimey, still trying to justify.
Are you still on this thread? Don't you have an ounce of shame?

You lied on this thead about someone making money off old Albion video recordings when they were doing it to benefit the club. How do you "justify" that?

Absolutely unbelievable - just what depths will you stoop to in having a go at people who support the manager and Dick Knight?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Are you still on this thread? Don't you have an ounce of shame?

You lied on this thead about someone making money off old Albion video recordings when they were doing it to benefit the club. How do you "justify" that?

Absolutely unbelievable - just what depths will you stoop to in having a go at people who support the manager and Dick Knight?

I wondered where you had been, hiding I guess as you cannot justify another defeat.

I do support Mr Knight, always have done since he appeared on the scene way back in 1996, well before you decided to inflict yourself on the club.

Well do go again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here