Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions for Dick Knight on SCR

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Could the profile of Albion in the Community be raised further? I think people underestimate the amount the club do for Brighton & Hove.

Are you aware that BensGrandad seems to know alot about your finances? I would suggest you get yourself a shredder.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
When was the offer for Tom Brighton made? The fee quoted - £180,000 - I assume this was a packaged deal - how much of it was to be paid up front?

Uncle Buck said:
I wondered where you had been, hiding I guess as you cannot justify another defeat.

I do support Mr Knight, always have done since he appeared on the scene way back in 1996, well before you decided to inflict yourself on the club.

Well do go again.

I haven't been "hiding" anywhere, I've just come back from a family holiday in the West Country, I tend to use these games as more than just an opportunity to get blind drunk.

You owe The Great Cornholio an apology for what you said about his fundraising work for the club. On your past record, I don't think you are man enough to give it, but surprise me.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
He's a very sad little man

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bromley shrimp said:
Took an Old Trafford tour last year and the bloke (45 years a supporter) showing us around the stadium asked me if he was playing up front due to the no. of times hed seen him on the score sheet, so I'm sure people higher up the chain of command at Man U are also taking a keen interest.

You missed the whole point...... what other clubs were interested in McShane or Henderson.

Not people at his own club

:dunce:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I haven't been "hiding" anywhere, I've just come back from a family holiday in the West Country, I tend to use these games as more than just an opportunity to get blind drunk.

You owe The Great Cornholio an apology for what you said about his fundraising work for the club. On your past record, I don't think you are man enough to give it, but surprise me.

Well that is super, now crawl back into your hole or go and talk rugby to someone, rather than making things up, which I am sure you will do later.

Just like you always apologise to the people that you belittle, accuse of things and are just outright aggressive and rude to. Glass houses and all that, Steve.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can you lot leave this thread for what's for and PM each other if you have to bicker?

WE'RE NOT INTERESTED. :angry:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
The Great Cornholio said:
He may well agree with the sentiment - I think we all want to know why we haven't signed a striker. But I still maintain that your question, as worded, accuses them both of lying as it disallows as an answer, the answers they have both given. We will have to a agree to disagree on this. But I take exception to your claim that I have told you what you can and can't say. And I'd be intrigued to know what your reaction would be if someone implied that you had embezzled £2500. (Baiting or not, that was the implication)

The rider about "no arguments about players not wanting to come here" was put in specifically so that we didn'engage in the debate we're now having about why players did not want to come here. I think most of us could come up with a comprehensive list of reasons. It had nothing whatsoever to do with cutting off answers or calling people liars.

In other words, why has it SUDDENLY become such a problem to attract people, when these difficulties have been overcome in the past. It's just market forces we're trying to combat, so I guess we have to offer over and above to make players chose us in preference to other more attractive propositions. That is the reality and it's not anything new or, judjing by previous half decent signings, something which the club management are not accomplished in dealing with. For loan signings (3 months) the argument about lack of facilities, bla, bla, bla, would, you'd imagine, all but disintegrate.

We're not being told everything (and why should we as mere supporters), but that's no reason not to have an enquiring mind. I am not prepared to be fobbed off and want to understand where our negotiators are going wrong.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
Or did we?

The impression during the transfer window was that his agent was touting him around a few clubs, although there was the feeling that the agent was trying to play the club off to get a better deal.

I was talking about the loan transfer. With regard to the permanent deal he may have been touted around but we saw no sign of any rival bids.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Finchley Seagull said:
I was talking about the loan transfer. With regard to the permanent deal he may have been touted around but we saw no sign of any rival bids.

I'm pretty sure no one else was interested..... his agent tried to stall the deal and put his name about..hence why it looked like collapsing.

When no-one else was interested he signed for us.

I think Wayne wanted to sign for us from the beginning but his agent was looking for a better money spinner

Bromley shrimp said:
The rider about "no arguments about players not wanting to come here" was put in specifically so that we didn'engage in the debate we're now having about why players did not want to come here. I think most of us could come up with a comprehensive list of reasons. It had nothing whatsoever to do with cutting off answers or calling people liars.

In other words, why has it SUDDENLY become such a problem to attract people, when these difficulties have been overcome in the past. It's just market forces we're trying to combat, so I guess we have to offer over and above to make players chose us in preference to other more attractive propositions. That is the reality and it's not anything new or, judjing by previous half decent signings, something which the club management are not accomplished in dealing with. For loan signings (3 months) the argument about lack of facilities, bla, bla, bla, would, you'd imagine, all but disintegrate.

We're not being told everything (and why should we as mere supporters), but that's no reason not to have an enquiring mind. I am not prepared to be fobbed off and want to understand where our negotiators are going wrong.

Fair enough - explained like that - it doesn't sound like a loaded question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here