Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions for Dick Knight on SCR

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Big Dick.

Q. In Friday's Argus Mark Mcghee said " Next year we have another plan to move it forward again and I want to be implementing that"

Is that moving foreward up or down????

:glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bromley shrimp said:
It's not the truth, Henderson is the most recent example to dispel this myth.

He's not a striker and had already been told by Villa he wasn't tall enough.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Yorkie said:
He's not a striker and had already been told by Villa he wasn't tall enough.

Sidwell
Ingermarson
Benjamin
CKR
McGammon
Frutos
Carole
Turienzo

- all attracted in our 2nd Division days I think you'll find - some forwards some not, some good, some not.

The point is they came and regardless of the mark which they made on the club, the powers that be could not be critiscised for at least TRYING by virtue of a DEMONSTRABLE effort to preserve our current status.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bromley shrimp said:
Sidwell
Ingermarson
Benjamin
CKR
McGammon
Frutos
Carole
Turienzo

- all attracted in our 2nd Division days I think you'll find - some forwards some not, some good, some not.

Apart from Benjamin they were all at Championship level.

Bromley shrimp said:
Sidwell
Ingermarson
Benjamin
CKR
McGammon
Frutos
Carole
Turienzo

The point is they came and regardless of the mark which they made on the club, the powers that be could not be critiscised for at least TRYING by virtue of a DEMONSTRABLE effort to preserve our current status.

The point is that you have asked a question making your own assumptions and disallowing the reason already given by McGhee - in effect calling both him and Knight liars. If that is what you want to do - fine. But have the guts to put your name to it or phone it in yourself.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
n1 gull said:
I thought this thread was for DK to answer. Are you now the chairperson?

The questions might as well be accurate.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
does anyone really think DK will be on the phone in for more than 5 mins:nono:

veade said:
does anyone really think DK will be on the phone in for more than 5 mins:nono:

Depends how many stupid questions he is asked. I wouldn't stay around if people kept accusing me of lying.

It's amazing that all but one of the anti mob have gone into hiding when the chance is there to do something other than hide behind a keyboard. Surely someone can phrase a question that will get on? Like "Can you explain what reason players gave for not coming here?" or "Will MM still be manager if we go down"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
n1 gull said:
I thought this thread was for DK to answer.
No. The point of this thread was to ask DK a question, he doesn't necessarily have to answer them (if the question was asked by Harty in the first place). You have to email the question to Harty anyway.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Great Cornholio said:
Depends how many stupid questions he is asked. I wouldn't stay around if people kept accusing me of lying.

It's amazing that all but one of the anti mob have gone into hiding when the chance is there to do something other than hide behind a keyboard. Surely someone can phrase a question that will get on? Like "Can you explain what reason players gave for not coming here?" or "Will MM still be manager if we go down"

What seems to be the main stumbling block when it comes to convincing players to come and play for the club ?

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
"When will you step aside and give someone else the chance to take the TEAM forward? We need a ground, but the fans also want to watch decent football in the meantime." :angry:

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
MM said in an article, he has fulfilled the brief that has be given to him, is that brief to take us down?

Secondly can Dk confirm whether MM has received a new contract? If so for how long?

Thirdly, if we do go down, will we be keeping the french players or do they have get out clauses?

Finally, can we start playin decent sides in pre-season so we don't end up with another Turienzo or Molanga, as any average striker can bang goals in pass lewis and look good

Last edited:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Last November when LDC invoked the judicial review Martin Perry stated work on the stadium process will continue regardless. Hovever in the Argus recently MP said there is only so much he can do until the legal process with the Judicial Review has run its course.

My question is have the club been told/advised not to do any more work until after the judicial review ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My only question is after the cack handed ill thought through moving of A + B block how can we have any confidence the club has a commercial set-up and nous to fill Falmer.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Given that we let Hinshelwood loose 13 games on the trot before sacking him and now knowing that it was this losing streak that got us relegated. How long should the current losing streak be allowed to continue before McGhee is sacked?

Or is it simply that we would like to sack but can't afford to?

Lammy
Newhaven

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
We do not sell out all our games in the CCC

What are you going to do to fill Withdean if/when we go down to the lower tier.

Hopefully he will say play entertaining football, but last time we had to slog our way out of Div 2 or whatever it is called now. But seriously will there be more kids for a quid or £5.00 in games say in the Leyland Trucks Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here