Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions For Dick Knight On Saturday

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
........................... Dear Dick Knight . I suppose all the questions you recieve on saturday will be hand picked by the sycophants so I am will not be holding my breath awaiting an answer on this question either.

Accepting the fact that we all have our own opinions and the world would be a boring place if we all agreed, would you concur with me that Quality Street are unarguably a much better confectionary product than Roses. Apart from the Brazillian Darkness from the said Cadburys product, there is very little to be said for the rest of the selection.
Quality Street on the other hand have several good ones to tempt you with. Maybe its because I am a toffee man that I come down heavily on the side of Nesle`s finest.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
when are you gonna get ur wallet out and sign some quality, lost so many good players in the last few years... bas being the latest. if not then go home and sell up 2 sum 1 that will! :rant:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Mail sent

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
many thanks to the 20 or so people who have sent in questions. As you know time is limited, but Harty will try his level best to mix the questions from people phoning in and those that have sent these emails to me.

Judging by the mails received, there seems to be genuine concern in some quarters with various aspects of the club and counter balancing that some very positive points on Club PR, marketing etc that hopefully Dick will have time to answer, especially initiatives for getting the crowds back to see our team.

I have one or two that relate specifically to the building and financing of Falmer and with your indulgance and agreement ( and after speaking with Harty), after the show I will send them off to Martin Perry with a request that he has a look and if he cannot answer specific points, perhaps he may want to address some of the at the Falmer Roadshow? If you do not want this and you know who you are, please let me know - I will of course respect people's privacy and niot include names if requested. They can all go under my email address if required.

Again thanks to all of you who took the time to send me the questions for Harty and I am really extremely pleased by some of the excellent points people have raised.

Hopefully Dick will get to as many of these as possible

Regards
Dave

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If Dick can't answer them all on air, perhaps he could forward the replies for the following weeks show.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If Dick can't answer them all on air, perhaps he could forward the replies for the following weeks show.

cracking point douggie old chap

I will put that to the sage.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Not sure whether this is possible, or it might even exist already, but is it possible as this is a rather special fans phone-in to offer the show as a Download/Podcast. It can't be that hard to create and MP3 of it and stick it on the Southern Counties page. I don't know about the logistics of this but I for one would very much appreciate it since I won't catch the show at its airtime.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Not sure whether this is possible, or it might even exist already, but is it possible as this is a rather special fans phone-in to offer the show as a Download/Podcast.
What an excellent suggestion.

What an utterly excellent suggestion.

However, I am sure there are umpteen very good reasons why this won't be possible. Let me think now... BBC licensing agreements with Premium TV, Football League restrictions... em, er, er... No! It's an FA Cup game, so delete previous excuses, because very different excuses apply this time... What, they don't? Okay then, let's try BBC SCR budget cuts, only techie bloke at the station who knows how to do podcasts is off sick with this virus... Harty's dog might eat the tapes -and certainly will if callers start allegations of dodgy deals...

Alternative reason: Can't be arsed. :rolleyes:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dave - are you being deliberately provocative in asking for "Sticky Questions for Dick Knight on Saturday"?

Have you asked Andy Naylor for some questions? Has Harty set you up? You will be hounded out by Dick, Martin and the boys!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why does it have to be a phone-in at all? I'm sure there are plenty top-of-the-range questions in the pot already. Why can't it just be billed as a one-off live Q&A session with the Chairman. Or leave just the last ten minutes for the phone-in, so the big issues get dealt with first. I mean, there's only so many times we need to listen to Alan From Haywards Heath prattling on about nothing in particular before being nipped in the scrotum by his Jack Russell. Who said dogs aren't intelligent?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not sure whether this is possible, or it might even exist already, but is it possible as this is a rather special fans phone-in to offer the show as a Download/Podcast. It can't be that hard to create and MP3 of it and stick it on the Southern Counties page. I don't know about the logistics of this but I for one would very much appreciate it since I won't catch the show at its airtime.

If you have a DAB radio..."ahem" I think erm you can copy off that ( I think you may need an SD Card as some radio's come with them)

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Dick,when was the last time you had 2 buy loo paper?

It is all very well going on about lickers etc. but I don't think you have ever constructed a sensible question that could be put to Dick Knight. Now is your chance Vulture or is that beyond you?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is all very well going on about lickers etc. but I don't think you have ever constructed a sensible question that could be put to Dick Knight. Now is your chance Vulture or is that beyond you?

To be fair to Vulture, he has

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
UPDATE

I have received 31 emails and collated them into Falmer related ones and general club matters.

I have not changed one syllable of the emails and they will be presented to DK tomorrow, hopefully time allowing Harty will get through as many as he can.

A suggestion was made that DK take them away with him and if he has time, answer each one...this will be put to him tomorrow. The Falmer related ones are VERY specific (!!!!) and I think these are probably something only MP will know the definitive answer.

I will get Harty to ask DK if he wants to send me the answers and I can forward them on to the relevant people, or to mail the people direct. It depends on him really!

Due to the remendous response to this, I am not sure if DK/Harty will be able to get through all the emails, therefore if you have anymore you want to send me, please do send then, but he may not get time to address them.

For those of you who do not know the format of the Phone in, you call this number 08459 570057 and the call is answered by one of the staff at the BBC. Be patient!!!! He/she will ask you your name, where you come from and if you were at the game and what you would like to talk about...you will then be asked for your number and the BBC will call you back at no charge to you! It is not as daunting as you may think. Do it!!!!

( do you think I could use this as a CV for a job at the Beeb:laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Again thanks to all who have contributed and lets hope tomorrows phone in will be a success......and more importantly a decent result against mansfield ( if we lose i assume the phone in will be very lively!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here