Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question to the mod who keeps deleting threads today

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I didn't say you are although the first point I would have considered is how the post might impact on the company and its employees, particularly if it's picked up by my other media sources. I guess that may be why it's been removed.

Nonsense. Considering that the director himself was quoted as stating how bad things were in the region's most widely read paper very recently then a post on a relatively obscure football forum is not going to add or subtract from the perceived state of the company by any meaningful amount. The thread was removed because club officials told a tame mod to do so because it might piss off the director involved.

It's at this point that we return to the whole debate about inner cliques. I repeat, this is an independent forum for Albion fans to express their own opinions, not a club controlled spin machine.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nonsense. Considering that the director himself was quoted as stating how bad things were in the region's most widely read paper very recently then a post on a relatively obscure football forum is not going to add or subtract from the perceived state of the company by any meaningful amount. The thread was removed because club officials told a tame mod to do so because it might piss off the director involved.

It's at this point that we return to the whole debate about inner cliques. I repeat, this is an independent forum for Albion fans to express their own opinions, not a club controlled spin machine.
Spot on. This has shades of 'Ferretgate' for those who remember that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
its obviously that jobsworth hitony

I'm not interested in naming names and for the record Hitony is a bloody good mod as all of them are. Except that Hiney. They have a really tough time trying to play babysitter to arsey gits like you and me and it's invariably done in very good humour.

The issue here is how independent some people close to the club now are.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if you have members of the club's management posting on here then you are bound to get some sort of " i dont like that remove it" type stuff.

You either have something like this, which on the whole is pretty good, or you end up with something like Rivals, which is just dreadful.

Depends on what people put up with.

At the end of the day if you dont like what is on here, do what LI and a few more have done.....

NSC is what it is.....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I repeat, this is an independent forum for Albion fans to express their own opinions, not a club controlled spin machine.

Correct.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry but im not sure what your point is, Dave. I've no problem with the club comingon here and making any kind of statement but they've got to understand that on here they don't call the shots.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sorry but im not sure what your point is, Dave. I've no problem with the club comingon here and making any kind of statement but they've got to understand that on here they don't call the shots.

What Aldershot directors being called..what?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Wheres that thread about people cosying up to the club ?

I really don't agree with the first part here; it's not a complete analogy but in my field of work the safety of many medicines (eg the MMR vaccine, Avandia etc) is often first raised in "obscure" forums. Mainstream media picks up on it; we're then in all night and over the weekend, share price tumbles over Beachy Head on monday morning.
Your reason for the thread's removal; is that fact or your opinion?
I wouldn't want NSC to be club controlled either. People do have are options if they don't like how either are run though.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If something's posted on here that's potentially libellous then the mods have a right to remove it. It's no different to abuse. In addition, how would you feel if you found out you'd be losing your job via a football message board?

I think a poster on the Doncaster message board was successfully sued for libel last year. My memory's not perfect so it may have been a different club;

I put a link to your post onto the Doncaster message board, and their entire membership have now clubbed together to make a class action against you for defamation. Expect the first writ on your doormat tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here