Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quadrophenia Ending

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Continuity errors, factual errors AND period detail...

• A Who album at the party on Kitchener Road was from 1974.
• Pictures on Jimmy's bedroom wall of The Who from 1968.
• When they're coming into Brighton, and Jimmy screams 'that is Brighton...', it actually shows Eastbourne.
• Types of scooter not available in the 1960s
• If the film is set in summer 1965, they shouldn't have been singing 'My Generation'

More...?

The police / ambulances head towards Black Rock ( past The Hungry Years ) rather than straight down to the beach between the 2 piers .

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Anybody recreated the scene up the ally off East Street behind Choys? And was the object of your affections as fit as Lesley Ash at that time. :O

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Sting could not actually ride a scooter, you will see the only scene with him with the scooter moving is max 10-20' and his feet are hanging down just in case,(Brighton seafront) he tried for weeks to master riding but could not do it, the script had to be modified as it originally called for scenes of him riding on the road.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was. On Me GS. Didn't take part in any battles though.( Make love not war.) Watched one of Brighton's hard men, he wasn't a Mod, drop kick a guy off a motorcycle. Then we tried to ride to Eastbourne. There must have been about 100 scooters and the Police stopped the convoy on the coast road outside Roedean.:smokin:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In the scene where Sting is carted of in the police van, Jimmy is sitting in there with a couple of rockers.

In real life, the rocker opposite Sting was an extra who was actually a member of a scooter club. To say he was pissed off dressing up as a rocker (even though he got well paid for it) would be an understatement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here