Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QR Codes

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've downloaded a free app for these on my iphone and I must say it's remarkable how well it works, considering how poor the camera is. I keep seeing them everywhere now, but has anyone actually found them useful?

Attachments

• QR code.JPG
    QR code.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 463

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I use them on my website for a discount.. Every big company will be using them in a year or two and is a great way of getting mobile users to purchase more stuff. I used google to generate my QR code..

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As a smart phone virgin, I have to ask. Do you have to download an app to read QR codes, or do phones magically know how to do it?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As a smart phone virgin, I have to ask. Do you have to download an app to read QR codes, or do phones magically know how to do it?

You normally have to download them (but they're free). Newer phones may come with them though, I don't know. The one I'm using is just called "Scan".

Brilliant!

I have seen them used mainly for web addresses - for example websites that review apps often contain a QR code linking to the app on the android market. I've also noticed film posters increasingly have them, generally leading to the trailer on Youtube. Certainly something that we'll see more and more of and very good for advertising purposes.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I agree, he certainly is :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here