Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QR Codes

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would guess you need to save the image onto your phone and maybe then read it though something like google goggles. Seems a bit long winded though

You don't need to save the image?? Just scan and it should come up with the text automatically using the right app.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
img.php

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
You don't need to save the image?? Just scan and it should come up with the text automatically using the right app.

But HOW do you scan it when you are using your phone's browser and therefore cannot take a photo of the screen?. Not sure you're unserstanding my question...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
img.php

:clap:

Reactions: Ned

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But HOW do you scan it when you are using your phone's browser and therefore cannot take a photo of the screen?. Not sure you're unserstanding my question...

Maybe not! Have you got some kind of scanner app?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Maybe not! Have you got some kind of scanner app?

Yes! That requires me to use the camera to scan a code.

HOWEVER - if I happen to see a QR code when browsing on my phone, I of course cannot use the camera to look at the screen. I want to be able to read the codes directly from within the browser WITHOUT using the camera. As suggested, I could save the code image & open with my scanning up, but it's a bit of a pain..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

HOWEVER - if I happen to see a QR code when browsing on my phone, I of course cannot use the camera to look at the screen. I want to be able to read the codes directly from within the browser WITHOUT using the camera. As suggested, I could save the code image & open with my scanning up, but it's a bit of a pain..

Ah, now I've got you :thumbsup:

Unfortunately being a complete philistine when it comes to most technical issues (I am a woman after all) I have no idea what the answer is.

But isn't the weather lovely today? :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Why would someone put a QR code on a web page when you could just have the text there or a hyperlink in the first place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here