Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR - worst food ever ?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Saturday was a truly terrible football experience. Freezing cold, awful performance, relegation all but confirmed and the " food " sold at QPR was virtually inedible. Absolutely disgusting "hot" dogs which were barely cooked and cold and the so called pukka pies were tepid. Why o why can't football grounds serve up some half decent food. I'm not expecting the River Cafe but FFS this is 2006 not 1976. Everywhere else in the Uk our cuisine and choice of food has improved beyond all recogntion except in football grounds where it remains a disgrace. Is it really too much to heat the " food" up properly? What about throwing all caution to the wind and making some decent sandwiches on fresh bread?

QPR's catering was the pits.

Sort it out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Did they have pie forks tho? Remember if we had pie forks we would be staying up.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
send an e-mail to info@pukkapies.co.uk if they were indeed pukka pies as they have very high standards. If the heating instuctions are not adhered to it damages their reputation. p.s. their phone number is 0116 264 4004.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had a vegetable pie bought me by the lovely Lokki. Made me think of some nitrofurantion i currently take that kills the bacteria dominant in my wee-parts. On the packet it says it may colour my stools. Pie reminded of such a change.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Lokki 7 said:
Shite, but no worse than Withdean.
Withdean isn't great but at least the burgers etc are hot and the chips are edible. The food on Saturday was the worst ever served by half wits who couldn't give a damn. It's not good enough and I won't take it any longer!!

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm surprised another feast at the Clapham Maharani didn't banish the burger blues, Sneaky...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tooting Gull said:
I'm surprised another feast at the Clapham Maharani didn't banish the burger blues, Sneaky...
The Maharani was, as usual, most excellent but it has to be said that the food served up in our football grounds is not. Far from it. Anytime you fancy a curry at the Maharani - let me know.

E

enigma

I was at Loftus road a few weeks ago, and the catering is a joke. They ran out of nearly every food and stopped serving hot drinks!

The queuing system was also a joke.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
brightonfan_86 said:
Didn't anyone go to the chippy near the ground? That was the highlight of the day. Lovely sausage and chips.

Yes I went there

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
brightonfan_86 said:
What did you think of it? I thought it was bloody lovely.

Very nice chips, I always go to that chippie. The variety of condiments was outstanding. I should very much like to revisit that establishment next season.

The chances of this appear to be diminishing rapidly.

Magoo Out. :angry:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Downloaded Penguin said:
Very nice chips, I always go to that chippie. The variety of condiments was outstanding. I should very much like to revisit that establishment next season.

The chances of this appear to be diminishing rapidly.

Magoo Out. :angry:

I'm beginning to appreciate the art of turning any thread - even best chippies - into a Magoo Out thread.

And that is the best one I've seen. Pure genius, a Magoo Out masterclass.

:bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The catering at QPR was utter GASH, I fully agree.
I strode confidently up to the counter at 2.50 and asked for a hot dog (a not unreasonable request within the confines of a football stadium just prior to kickoff, I thought).
"We havn't got any" said spotty oik.
"What are THEY then ?" says I, pointing vaguely at the foil bags of hot-dog shaped items sitting limply on the hotplates behind him.
"Hot dogs. But they're not cooked yet".

???

Right. So its ten to three on a Saturday afternoon, you've got a couple of thousand away fans milling about in the ground, and you havn't even turned the f***ing GRILL on to attempt to cook some hotdogs ? Oh, well done EVERYONE. Despite my better judgement, I returned at half time and bought one of their "hot dogs", and BOY was that a loose description. "Vaguely-warm-20-minutes-ago Dogs" would be a more accurate interpretation I think. I felt like going back and THROWING it at them, but I'd just got back to my seat and didn't want to annoy everyone by making them have to stand up again.

QPR. Joke team. Joke stewards. Joke grub. They must be very proud.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:

QPR. Joke team. Joke stewards. Joke grub. They must be very proud.

Hmm surely the team bit is reserved for us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here