Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR hijack Newcastle's move for Remy

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The same Bale he tried to sell to Ajax/Fulham?

With our starting CB, Left Back Out for most of the season, Dembele out for much the start of the season no Pav, Niko, Bassong (Who redknapp pissed off with his magical man management skills) Dempsey isnt fit to lace VDV's boots, Siggi has looked Championship standard as well.

you cant argue with plying players out of position, not rotating, playing shattered players and blowing a 10 point lead?

Got any proof of that claim?

Assou-Ekotto's injury isn't the fault of Villas-Boas, and Vertonghen is a better left back anyway! Trying to claim the loss of Pavyluchenko is a bad thing is laughable, and Kranjcar hardly played! Your arguments are daft, other than the Van Der Vaart comment which is impossible to argue. The point is you're just anti-Redknapp, nothing else. Which is fine, but don't try and suggest he didn't do a fantastic job at Tottenham, or that he isn't the reason Villas-Boas has a vastly superior squad and club in general to work with.

Last season was an incredible collapse, no arguments there, but they still finished 4th. How many games did Arsenal win in that run of clawing back the lead? Their form was just as important as Tottenham's poor form.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Assou-Ekotto's injury isn't the fault of Villas-Boas, and Vertonghen is a better left back anyway! Trying to claim the loss of Pavyluchenko is a bad thing is laughable, and Kranjcar hardly played! Your arguments are daft, other than the Van Der Vaart comment which is impossible to argue. The point is you're just anti-Redknapp, nothing else. Which is fine, but don't try and suggest he didn't do a fantastic job at Tottenham, or that he isn't the reason Villas-Boas has a vastly superior squad and club in general to work with.

Last season was an incredible collapse, no arguments there, but they still finished 4th. How many games did Arsenal win in that run of clawing back the lead? Their form was just as important as Tottenham's poor form.

Verts is also one of the best two CB at the club and much better there than at left back, thus we are player a right back there at the moment.

The loss of Pav is laughable? the man scored 30 goals in about 75 games for the club most of which came from the bench, given that we are struggling to score atm 30 goals would have been quite useful

And why didnt Niko play? because redknapp is a basis manager, has no idea about rotation and ran players into the ground thus the dip in form last year, look at Walker and BAE, one was being played with a broken foot and the other said his injury was purely down to being over played.

I am not suggesting he didnt do a good job but twice he blew CL qualification with lack of tactics and poor squad management.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Verts is also one of the best two CB at the club and much better there than at left back, thus we are player a right back there at the moment.

The loss of Pav is laughable? the man scored 30 goals in about 75 games for the club most of which came from the bench, given that we are struggling to score atm 30 goals would have been quite useful

And why didnt Niko play? because redknapp is a basis manager, has no idea about rotation and ran players into the ground thus the dip in form last year, look at Walker and BAE, one was being played with a broken foot and the other said his injury was purely down to being over played.

I am not suggesting he didnt do a good job but twice he blew CL qualification with lack of tactics and poor squad management.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Surely he's THE best? Dawson, Caulker and Gallas are all good players but Vertonghen is a class above. Naughton's done well at left back to be fair to him, it's not as if the team has struggled with him there. Assou-Ekotto adds more balance but he's a weak link in my opinion, I would be in the market for a new left back if I were Villas-Boas.

That is so stunted it's untrue. He's not the striker you're painting him out to be, he was more often than not ineffective and uninterested. If those scoring stats are true, I'm stunned. How long was he there for, 2 and a half years? And would you say it's fair to say the majority of his starts came in cup competitions? He was a useful player but would you really be picking him ahead of Adebayor or Defoe?

Rotation is one theory, having a settled team is another. Newcastle only did what they did last season because they kept the majority of their team the same pretty much the whole season. This season they've had to rotate through injuries and look where it's taken them! They're in serious trouble and now Capuccino looks like he's off as well, just to cheer them up a bit further. I agree you need to get the balance right, but I wouldn't be criticising the manager for it. I don't believe he would have forced anyone to play if they weren't fit to.

I don't agree he blew Champions League qualification even once. The 5th placed finish wasn't exactly his fault was it? Or was it? As for Chelsea winning the Champions League to become the most undeserving team ever to do so... hardly his fault!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here